Honestly - is the 3D match engine really the same as 2D

The reason I ask is thet there seems to be a lot of scepticism. I myself have my doubts.

I've won the league for the past 3 years. Just won the Champions League and I have a world class squad. Fully fit, on form and firing in the goals from all areas.

I decide to play 3D, trying to move with the times you see.

Against Newcastle, they have a man sent off in the first half. 0-0 at half time. Even game with me slightly on top.

Second half, my world class keeper misses an interception. 1-0 to the Geordies.

That's how it stays. Just didn't feel right.

I'm not complaining about 20 shots to 1 and all other nonsence like that.

I'm gonna stick it out and play 10 games on 3D. Just want to see how my form goes.

Why would the representation of the ME differ from 2D to 3D? Both just show the player movement & positions that the ME as calculated.

You can take a match played out in the 2d engine and watch it back in the 3d engine. You can take a match played out in the 3d engine and watch it back in the 2d engine. That should be proof enough that they are the same thing. And you have to ask yourself, why would SI make 2 engines, when it's both easier and better to take their existing 2d engine and project it into 3d, giving them a single engine with different viewing modes.

You can take a match played out in the 2d engine and watch it back in the 3d engine. You can take a match played out in the 3d engine and watch it back in the 2d engine. That should be proof enough that they are the same thing. And you have to ask yourself, why would SI make 2 engines, when it's both easier and better to take their existing 2d engine and project it into 3d, giving them a single engine with different viewing modes.

You can even switch between 2d and 3d during the match, and during the same highlight. There is absolutely no doubt that it is the same engine.

A fair point and something that I have done. I'm not trying to imply that there are 2 differing match engines. I'm more leaning towards the possibilty that the "calculations" are different in the different modes. I appreciate that the graphical etails of players movements are the same.

Archived