Game connects to internet for latest transfers?

The game seems to be able to "know" what's going on in the real world when I play the game when my pc is connected to the internet.

Transfers taking place in real life are reflected in the game. I am playing as Newcastle manager.

Man City just bought Gareth Barry in real life and in the game.

Same thing happened to my bro-in-law.

I'm waiting for other transfers to take place to see if they are reflected in the game.

Anyone have the same experience? or am I the last to know about this? :confused::cool:

That is purely coincidental. Even when FM09 was released and Man City had their oil rich owners they used to buy Gareth Barry back then in November in the game.

I bet Christian Benitez hasn't signed for Birmingham in your game and what about Lloyd Owusu moving to Adelaide Utd? No....didn't think so. The game is a simulation game, the AI ain't that intelligent :p

Micheal Owen in my game has become liverpool manager,watch out rafa :D

How Michael Owen got rated so highly on the club 'legends' has always amazed me. He consistently is signed by Liverpool in the game as a result. I wouldn't hold my breath for that transfer to happen in real life...

Man City always buy the same players, Barry is one of these so... meh. Just coincidence they bought him IRL

Yep, seems to be common in most saves too.

Makes sense though, he's a good midfielder playing for a poorer club in the Prem, just the kind of player City will snap up :D

Makes sense though, he's a good midfielder playing for a poorer club in the Prem, just the kind of player City will snap up :D[/QUO

wtf villa aint broke, randy lerner has got more money than god

You tend to notice in every version of FM that certain transfers always happen. Some of them are spookily accurate. Others.... well: Montolivo and Pandev have been signing for English clubs in the first transfer window of my games since FM07!

Hasn't happened yet in RL ;)

How Michael Owen got rated so highly on the club 'legends' has always amazed me. He consistently is signed by Liverpool in the game as a result. I wouldn't hold my breath for that transfer to happen in real life...

well since newcastle has been relegated he's going to be moving somewhere and it might not be far from the truth...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/31/1296456/liverpool-players-tell-rafael-benitez-to-sign-michael-owen

Makes sense though, he's a good midfielder playing for a poorer club in the Prem, just the kind of player City will snap up :D[/QUO

wtf villa aint broke, randy lerner has got more money than god

The same Randy Lerner who loaned Villa the money he invested and now Villa owe it back to him? :D Very generous of him.

Anyways, the point i'm making is that City will snap up good players playing at lower-reputation clubs in the game. People like Barry, Arteta, Lescott.

look what i mean is god is mad rich but randy lerny is up there aswell, its obvious god has lots of money how else does he pay for all the churches and stuff, and whoever said lerner is making villa pay back the money he has invested how on earth is that possible because randy lerner owns villa! so your saying lerner makes a team he owns pay back money he invests? so in theory hes paying himself back???

Archived