Is my Asst Mgr going down the tubes?

I am playing West Bromwich and I looked at my Asst Mgr in the data editor. He has a -7 in Potential Ability despite a 135 in Current Ability. Does this mean he's going to be worthless in the future?

I also noticed he had values of 0 for Judging Current and Potential Ability even though in the game I see values of 8.

I don't really understand why people do this. Surely the whole point is to make the game realistic. If you simply call up everyones PA you might aswell get a crystal ball out. Isn't the idea to use your judgement of what you see in the in-game stats like a real-life manager would have to do?

Sure, but I'm picking West Brom for a challenge and hope to avoid relegation. I want to put my faith into my assistant manager. So I cheat a little and the game is still challenging for me. I don't think I can guarantee a winning team just by knowing my Asst Mgr is solid.

But I understand what you're saying.

-7 ... it has the potential to still be quite good though.

guess it depends how many of those points go into fun skills like Physiotherapy, Business etc :p

Well if his assistant has a starting CA of 135, he only has between 0 and 5 CA points to improve because the game will assign him a PA in the 135-140 range.

Archived