Hey guys, Im just wondering with all wonder teams that ppl build on this site, does any one other than me usually if managing in the english league try to build the team full of youth system players along with most english players. I personally have nothing against foreigners in the game, but i have strong preferance for having teams with the backbone usually being some english talent. When i manage real madrid and barca, i do same thing except i try to find spanish players with always one or two exceptions. Do u guys go for this method or do u only look at the stats ? Just getting some opinions

You often have to play that way in the lower leagues since your scouts will only look at your home country. In the highest divisions you limit your options - Spain has so much local talent I'm sure you can build a superb all-Spanish top class side, but England? Scotalnd? Er ....

I usually find the local players always cost alot more compared with a player from another league of equal quality??

But in the Newcastle thread I am trying to develop my youth players from 18's through to the first team. Granted I have brough mainly youth players from other leagues, but trying to keep them British.

Normally the short time plan is to be as successful as possible. But my long term plan is always to get a team mainly based of domestic players. My ultimate aim in any game is to have a team excusively full of youth academy products but i'm still yet to acheive that aim.

I will take the better player to be honest, if their personality and workrate match my squad then I will take them. I would love to use more youth players from my academy but they suck really bad even though everything is state of the art. I do have 8 home grown players in my first team though, but they were poached at a young age from other teams.

On FM07 I decided to have a game where i was managing Stockport County and would only sign players from Stockport.

I managed to get a full squad of Stockport born players by the second season, including one who bizarrely had the Faroe Islands as a second nationality.

I got them promoted from league 2 but then had two seasons of struggling in league 1 before i gave up on it.

My job is on the line, I'll get the best available talent no matter where they're from. If the quality is similar then I'll pick the local lad.

:thup:

I don't have any 'local' or academy players in my current Wolves side, although I have a promising young striker coming through from Cannock, which I believe is also in the West Midlands.

:)

on my fm07 real madrid save, my squad was full of spaniards which was my goal. but on fm09 i struggle to find any useful spanish players to the team :/

on my fm07 real madrid save, my squad was full of spaniards which was my goal. but on fm09 i struggle to find any useful spanish players to the team :/

Defence would be ropey, but surely it would not be difficult to make a team full of spaniards... maybe starting at Barca would be easier but even so....

Archived