I play as Manchester United so end up playing twice a week every week and i barely ever play the same team for both matches so they don't get tired, so i end up with 2 world class teams in my squad however some great players end up not playing enough and want to leave so this isn't really a great way to run the club. I want to know if i play my main first team in every match will they get tired quickly or end up with better fitness and be able to cope with that much football without there condition getting too low (i don't play any player of condition is less than 95% normally)?

If you have enough players to rotate, just do that, it should keep them all happy. I did this with R. Madrid once, had enough players to make 2 very strong teams, so played one team in the league and another for the Spanish Cup/Champions League/occasional midweek league game. The only player not rotated was the keeper. This kept everybody happy, as they all got at least 25 games a season.

Won all 3 trophies in both seasons I played like this, got bored of winning and left for fc Koln in Germany.

The reason I started it was I had bought a couple of star players including a '£40m after 50 league appearances' clause, so they automatically became cup-only players. I only played them in the league against my 2 big rivals, so they played just 4 league games a season.

Look what happen to Aston Villa, trying to play too many matches with a small squad. Your general policy of 2 first-class teams is sound, but the fitter players (high natural fitness) might be able to play perhaps 70-80% of the games (certainly goalkeeper and centre backs).

Look what happen to Aston Villa, trying to play too many matches with a small squad. Your general policy of 2 first-class teams is sound, but the fitter players (high natural fitness) might be able to play perhaps 70-80% of the games (certainly goalkeeper and centre backs).

I played the same GK throughout, and had 3 world class centre backs who each played in a 8 games on / 4 games off rotation, with the occasional exception to allow a promising youngster a few of the easier games.

Archived