"the application failed to initialize properly-click to terminate the application"

I have never had this error before but everytime i try to load up football manager i now get this error message "the application failed to initialize properly-click to terminate the application". I have looked on this site and it tells me to install the microsoft dot.net framework but is already on my computer.

I have also read that i need to go into the direct x folder on football manager and install the dotnet box in there but when i click to run it i can either do repair which fails or uninstall so have no idea what to do in solving this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

• Administrators

I would suggest uninstalling and deleting the cache:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Do this and re-install, patch up to 9.3 and attempt to run the game. Let us know how you get on and DO NOT delete any of the files found in 'My Documents' as these will be your save games. Thanks.

I have followed your exact instructions and still have no luck

I updated to the newest patch as well and when i click on the football manager icon it says 'the application failed to initialize properly (0x0000006) click ok to terminate the application'

Getting quite annoying now as when i normally get problems i can fix them myself but not with this

Like i said previously i have read the forums and found out what to do but it doesn't seem to be working although i have followed the correct instructions so opened a new post so hopefully somebody will know how to fix it for me :thup:

Archived