Can't get a job!!!

Hi, basically i started off as spurs, won league 1st and 3rd season, won a few cups in between. went to man utd in 4th season and won everything except league cup (grrr!)

There were rumours of the club being taken over and reinstating a new manager etc, i took man utd from being 4th the season before and some way behind the title, to winning everything almost in one year!

So i decided to resign and was offered the England job straight away, which i declined..

It's now December and i cannot get a job that's half decent :( I go on holiday and selected apply for top division jobs, and i just came back and had a look and if i apply for Roma etc, it says it's regarded as desperation from me by the media?

Why has this happened, i was one of the best regarded managers in europe and now can't get anything that's more than average at best!?!!?

As one of the best managers, anything less than a top team is likely to look at your application as desperate, and think they probably cant afford you / wont keep you anyway. Walking out on United probably didn't help your case there.

Unfortunately, other top team jobs don't come up often, so you may just have to wait it out.

That said, in FM10, there should be a way to convince a lower club your not joking and will take a lower wage. :-p

Hi, basically i started off as spurs, won league 1st and 3rd season, won a few cups in between. went to man utd in 4th season and won everything except league cup (grrr!)

There were rumours of the club being taken over and reinstating a new manager etc, i took man utd from being 4th the season before and some way behind the title, to winning everything almost in one year!

So i decided to resign and was offered the England job straight away, which i declined..

It's now December and i cannot get a job that's half decent :( I go on holiday and selected apply for top division jobs, and i just came back and had a look and if i apply for Roma etc, it says it's regarded as desperation from me by the media?

Why has this happened, i was one of the best regarded managers in europe and now can't get anything that's more than average at best!?!!?

r0x0r has explained this. The only thing you can do is take over a small team and take them to the top and eventually another team will ask you too become there manager :thup:

I won everything with Arsenal for two seasons, got fed up with the Board expecting to win the lot twice and walked out. Had to wait six months to get offered Fiorentina (which i loved - great fun playing with them) then got headhunted to Inter after a season with Fiore. Wait it out, you might find yourself with a club you have never managed before and really enjoy it, like i did

Archived