What a transfer should like, because 10 is a perfect number.

Since the next FM should be FM 10, and since 10 is a perfect number, I guess it is time to make FM a step toward perfection. At least in transfer system.

Seriously, SI should think of a new method of transfer and players picking other than CA/PA. Something called form or favoured club/personnel, for instance.

So, i have a curious case like this.

1. I, managing Perugia, 2013, have a non popular turkish players. I signed him free transfer, waged $ 1.500/week. Because he is not first choice in my team, i then loaned him to one of my affiliated club in holland, Cambuur (which have players waged $15,000/week) for 1 season. He scored 28 of 31 games there. And cambuur asked to extend the loan, of which i agreed.

The next season, he again miraculously scored 25 of 30 games. I checked his stats, cambuur is his favoured club.

When i decided to play him for his 3rd season, he is unhappy because too many competition for 1st place. He skip training for a couple times, of which then i choose to released him on a free transfer. The thing is Cambuur didn't even try to approach him and he retire without ever finding a new club. I think it must be of low CA PA, regarding great forms.

2. Too often i see big teams sign a player for a load of money and the player rot in the bench. That is totally unrealistic.

If only SI can make transfer more biased on form, so player with low CA/PA but great form can gain contract with his favourite club. :(

i agree with what your saying i think si really need to fix this for fm 10. But how exactly is 10 a perfect number?

10 is often considered to be a perfect number, notably in Brazil (Pele wore the famous shirt number) and in computing where 10 is made up of the two components of binary language: 1 (meaning ON) and 0 (meaning OFF).

10 is often considered to be a perfect number, notably in Brazil (Pele wore the famous shirt number) and in computing where 10 is made up of the two components of binary language: 1 (meaning ON) and 0 (meaning OFF).

There is also a famous song named "Perfect 10" by the Beautiful South :p

They didn't a player who was their (presumably) top scorer for two seasons in a row?

No

They've probably accepted that they're not going to get him again, and have bought other players in his position

Where are they in the league?

The opening poster is completely right, and I've been saying this for years. AI managers will almost always base their transfer decisions on CA/PA rather than performances or other, more realistic factors. There are certain players in the game who have relatively low CA/PA's (around 140 - 150) but because of the spread of thier attributes are fantastic in their position.

These players can usually always be picked up for cheap, and no matter how well they perform are rarely the subject of massive bids by the AI. At the same time the AI can be seen to bid £30m for unproven 18 year olds simply because they have high PA.

A perfect example of this was Salvatore Foti in FM07. His PA was only around 150 but becuase of his attributes he was the absolute perfect target man. I was able to pick him up for cheap in all of my saves and he always scored 40 - 50 goals a season, as well as adding many assists. Despite this his value never got above £10m.

This seems to have improved slightly in FM09, however there is still room for a lot more improvement. I don't think CA and PA should not be used at all by AI managers when looking at transfer targets, if they were it would be too easy for the player to pick up all the high PA players simply by using their scouts. But there should be a balance so at times the AI is not willing to pay big money for a player who is totally unproven, while at the same time being willing to pay big money for payers playing brilliantly, regardless of their CA/PA.

No

They've probably accepted that they're not going to get him again, and have bought other players in his position

Where are they in the league?

Cambuur have mostly greyed players. ( I didn't fully load Eredivisie playable ). And that Tevfik Kose (the turkish) is surely the top scorer, and mostly is FREE. I think the AI just ignore him because of low CA/PA.

And most annoying is AI buy players with high PA very expensive and they ended to warm the benches because AI will likely to play players with high CA. It just seem like every manager in FM world learn their managerial skills from both Adriano Galliani and Carlo Ancelotti. :D

• SI Staff

AI managers do not use straight CA or PA when it comes to buying players, and haven't done so since FM2008.

I'm not going to give away trade secrets on how those decisions are made, because these boards have lots of people looking at them, but the decisions are a lot more complicated than the original poster thinks. CA and PA are a factor, but only part of the overall equation.

Thanks for the respond.

Is that possible to include form and favour club into AI consideration, so that "poor turk Kose" (from my game) can join Cambuur ? That will make FM more enjoyable.

My 2 cents. Thanks :)

Transfers should have top priority. It is, and has been for a long time, the most unrealistic and bugged part of FM. The AI is poor when it buys players (buying £50M bench warmers), it always manage to buy players cheaper than the human (human bid £10M for a player and gets rejected, 2 days later AI bids £5M for same player and gets accepted), it can't negotiate properly ("We want £10M for him! Did I say £10M? I mean £12M! No, make that £14M!......") and many other things (Spanish B-players getting star player contracts, Italian Co-ownership bug etc.) draw down the overall impression of the game. Transfers are a very important part of FM after all.

Archived