How much % do you get to spend on transfers from your player sales?

I appreciate any help received. Thank you

It's not set in stone. Afaik it depends on your rep + board's confidence in you. Usually it starts low and after 1 or 2 seasons it goes to 100% (in bigger clubs at least)

Depends on the financial state of the club. If you are swimming in cash (Man City) you tend to get 100% of the funds. If you are losing money I've had as little as 10%.

Remember managing Newcastle in about 2013, had VdV playing outstandingly for me in a playmaker role, but was thin on the ground in terms of quality (end of December). My strikers were poor, and my first choice defence was world class, but had no depth. So when a £25million offer came in for VdV I figured I could replace him with a player for about £5million (already lined up before accepting the bid), plus a decent defender and a regen ST I knew I could get for less than £10m.

However, I failed to check the finance screen and was only given 10% of transfer fees because I'd spent so much getting two excellent wingers and paid them a huge wage to fend off interest from the big boys. Plus VdV's wages didn't help. Anyway, ended up trying to rebuild with £2.5 million instead.

Toward the end of the Jan transfer window, though, my % of transfer income had risen to 75% so I flogged my only decent striker and managed to replace him and my playmaker, but not add the defender I wanted. More of a fixer-upper than good business, although we ended up in profit at the end of the season (think I finished 3rd or 4th).

Archived