Regen trouble

I'm currently in my 4th season with Man City and winning pretty much everything.

However, I have been roaming around world football myself and with the help of my scouts and the regens are one word- terrible.

Seriously, on previous saves their would have been at least 30 or so decent to outstanding regens but not in this save.

My youth players being promoted haven't been good as well. I thought that maybe after winning the treble last year that finally I would get some regen success but no.

Anyone know why this keeps happening every season?? Or am I meant to wait till my 6th/7th season for some decent regens to be generated.

Firstly, as far as I know, the quality of regens to come through your youth system isn't determined by the success of the club, but instead it is determined by the club's facilities. (i.e. the quality of the youth facilities, and the addition of a youth academy)

If it's your fourth season that would mean you're in 2011/12 season, right? That would mean that the oldest regens are going to be roughly 20 years old (at most). Usually at that age I would still be looking for potential stars who still have a few years to grow and mature as players, and so at first glance they don't seem like really excellent regens but some of them will be in a few more years.

If you see anyone that looks good for their age, then get your scouts to check them out and assess the player's potential.

I think that makes sense :D

Thanks Tom. Makes perfect sense;)

My youth facilities are only " good youth facilities" so maybe that's why I'm not producing although what I don't understand is that other clubs seem to be having the same problems.

Bad for them and bad for me as I keep on having the largest disposable income in human history!!

Thanks Tom. Makes perfect sense;)

My youth facilities are only " good youth facilities" so maybe that's why I'm not producing although what I don't understand is that other clubs seem to be having the same problems.

Bad for them and bad for me as I keep on having the largest disposable income in human history!!

I think the level of youth facility you have effects the chance of producing a world class regen. So, for example, a good youth facility will have less of a chance at producing a top notch regen than a state of the art facility.

It might be an idea to go to your board and ask them to improve your youth facilities. They'll either do it, tell you that you can't due to a lack of funds (which isn't going to happen at Man City) or they'll say that they don't think it's required. Worth a shot though.

Just done that now Tom and they say- " The Man City board indicate that they are investing in expanding in the clubs youth facilities"

I'll take that as a yes. Thank you very much Tom. I'll be expecting quality regens now. If not, you'll be to blame :p

Just done that now Tom and they say- " The Man City board indicate that they are investing in expanding in the clubs youth facilities"

I'll take that as a yes. Thank you very much Tom. I'll be expecting quality regens now. If not, you'll be to blame :p

That's great news. My facilities are 'excellent' with a youth academy in my Leeds game and in 11 seasons i've only really had two players come through that have had any real impact at the club, and both of those probably wouldn't get into your league winning side. The first one is Jamie Wilkinson who is now on the club favoured personnel list, and the other is Ross Turnbull.

Luck is a big factor too, but at least you'll have a better chance of getting that gem.

Ross Turnbull ( Ross Turnbull of Boro 's younger brother ??) is a decent striker but as you said, won't ever be a world class, league winning side striker.

Can i see a screenie of your current squad just to get a picture of how you've developed your Leeds side.

Ross Turnbull ( Ross Turnbull of Boro 's younger brother ??) is a decent striker but as you said, won't ever be a world class, league winning side striker.

Can i see a screenie of your current squad just to get a picture of how you've developed your Leeds side.

Unfortunately he has no relation to Ross Turnbull of Boro. Funnily enough, i've just spotted that he is wanted by Man City :p

Sure thing. Here's the screenshot:

Leeds Squad - Stats

Leeds Squad - General Info

You won't recognise anyone excpet Fabian Delph. Everyone excpet 3 players are regens. Avergae squad age is 23. It's a talented young squad which should bloom in a few years time.

My main source of information about the young talents the world has to offer comes through my scouts. If you can set up a good scouting network and jet a few scouts of to a few different countries then they should come back with some good recommendations. A tip to find the better, young regens is to tell your scouts to just report on those under a certain age. I usually go for 18 if i'm planning for the distant future, or 22 if i'm looking for someone to step straight into the first team.

How is Fabian Delph coming along? And as well, I could do with a Juaqim Marqez ( spelling all over the place << ) in my team atm. Pretty impressive goalscoring record.

Fabian Delph is coming along OK. I think he's got as good as he'll ever get now, and he has become a bit of a fringe player at the club. Shame really, as he's been present throughout my career.

Joaquim Marques is superb. Only cost me £1m from Maritimo when he was 17. He was a find by my scout, and he has been brilliant. He's very clinical in front of goal, and only 21 years old!

I'd have offered that scout a new contract if I was you. A steal of a buy that is. How successful have you been with leagues in terms of trophies ( major of or minor ) and league positions etc. From what I've seen it seems you've got a very realistic and long lasting game on the go.

I have a confession to make. I have a little contradition to what I've said about Regens as I've just remembered I recently signed 1 brilliant regen. Eliot Laffont. However he was the only good regen in world football ( honestly)

I'd have offered that scout a new contract if I was you. A steal of a buy that is. How successful have you been with leagues in terms of trophies ( major of or minor ) and league positions etc. From what I've seen it seems you've got a very realistic and long lasting game on the go.

I haven't exactly filled the trophy cabinet. I'll run you through how i've done in the different competitions:

Domestic History

Highest Finish: 2nd in the Premiership

I have managed to win League One and The Championship, and last season I cam close to winning the Premier League too. It just wasn't to be though, and this season is relatively poor.

FA Cup History

Highest Finish: Semi Final

I've not won the FA Cup yet, but I came really close. I got knocked out by a strong Man City side. Maybe next year.

League Cup History

Highest Finish: Final (Runners-up)

Again, got beat by Man City. So close this time though. Another one that could be mine next year.

Champions Cup History

Highest Finish: First Knockout Round[/url]

Managed to get past the group stages, but then A.C. Milan knocked me out. A long way to go I feel before we win that.

We've also won the Johnstones Paint Trophy. WooHoo!

I have a confession to make. I have a little contradition to what I've said about Regens as I've just remembered I recently signed 1 brilliant regen. Eliot Laffont. However he was the only good regen in world football ( honestly)

So you've been lying to us all along :p:D

haha. It looks like you had a irritating time in the Championship getting to the playoffs twice. Well done for sticking at it as I got the playoff final with hull on FM08 and when you play 40 odd games without getting promoted, it really does suck.

I know this may sound stupid, but can I ask how you get a screenshot up as I want to get one of this Eliot Laffont guy to show you what the best regen in my game is like. ( he is pretty good tbh with ya )

haha. It looks like you had a irritating time in the Championship getting to the playoffs twice. Well done for sticking at it as I got the playoff final with hull on FM08 and when you play 40 odd games without getting promoted, it really does suck.

I know this may sound stupid, but can I ask how you get a screenshot up as I want to get one of this Eliot Laffont guy to show you what the best regen in my game is like. ( he is pretty good tbh with ya )

It is tough when you get so close to promotion and not to actually get promoted, but the sort of FM games I play means I have a lot of times like that.

The way I get my screenshots is to press the 'Print Screen' button when the screenshot you want to take is on your screen, and then I go into paint and 'paste' the print screen into paint. I then save that as a .jpeg file. That file then needs to be uploaded onto an image hosting site such as photobucket (the one I use) or imageshack. Once uploaded you copy the image url and paste it into these forums.

To make the image url come up as the name of something (i.e. like the shots I showed you read 'Fabian Delph' or 'Joaquim Marques') you need to put Obviously replace the '.....' with whatever you want to appear, and get rid of the space between the '/' and 'url' in the second brackets.

Hope that's clear enough. If not then the bottom of the first post in this thread explains it perfectly. :thup:

It is indeed, and it worked :thup:

I must say, he is brilliant. For 19 years of age he s a real talent. His physical stats are fantastic. What do your coaches say about him? I'd imagine he has some great potential. He is already a brilliant DC and is bound to get better.

With buying him for 14 and a half mil, he didn't come cheap, but with man city, its nothing really. I have Micah Richards, Yobo, Ramos, Dunne, Cork and now Laffont who can all play CB. I'm looking to start him as often as I can, which is a rarity for me as I usually look to mould the younger players: send them out on loan etc.

He has the potential to be a good player and as good as micah richards ( captain ). Furthermore, he has just turned wonderkid.

Fabian Delph is coming along OK. I think he's got as good as he'll ever get now, and he has become a bit of a fringe player at the club. Shame really, as he's been present throughout my career.

Joaquim Marques is superb. Only cost me £1m from Maritimo when he was 17. He was a find by my scout, and he has been brilliant. He's very clinical in front of goal, and only 21 years old!

I cant find this guy joqium marques?

is he a regen?

With buying him for 14 and a half mil, he didn't come cheap, but with man city, its nothing really. I have Micah Richards, Yobo, Ramos, Dunne, Cork and now Laffont who can all play CB. I'm looking to start him as often as I can, which is a rarity for me as I usually look to mould the younger players: send them out on loan etc.

He has the potential to be a good player and as good as micah richards ( captain ). Furthermore, he has just turned wonderkid.

And here you are complaining. Wonderkid status is brilliant. You could have a true great of the game on your hands. Good luck with him :thup:

I was complaining about the small minority ( elliot lafont ) of talent heading into a fourth season. you'd expect at least 8 or 9 quality regens as has been my experience on previous games.

when starting this thread however, i truly forgot about my recent signing of elliot lafont as he is an average signing in comparision to david silva and fabregas.

my only real motive for continuing the game( as i have a team full of superstars ) is to get some world class regens as i've yet to go the whole 10 or so season hog of a game. usually stopping around 3 or 4.

i hope he does turn into a world beater although his personality is " unambitious" which is a tad strange.

I was complaining about the small minority ( elliot lafont ) of talent heading into a fourth season. you'd expect at least 8 or 9 quality regens as has been my experience on previous games.

when starting this thread however, i truly forgot about my recent signing of elliot lafont as he is an average signing in comparision to david silva and fabregas.

my only real motive for continuing the game( as i have a team full of superstars ) is to get some world class regens as i've yet to go the whole 10 or so season hog of a game. usually stopping around 3 or 4.

i hope he does turn into a world beater although his personality is " unambitious" which is a tad strange.

You should carry on. You'll enjoy it. In my game (11th season) and all the teams in the premeirship have some amazing players. It's brilliant. In fact, I could upload the save game file for you to have a look around the world in 2019. I've got a lot of leagues loaded, so there's plenty to look at. Would you like me to? If I do you'll need the 9.0.3 database. I assume you have that?

yes please. that would be great. im off for the night now but if you could upload it i will download it tommorow and hav a look round. that would be brilliant. thanks.

the longest season i've ever seen was my brother who did a QPR league on championship manager 2003/2004 and ( 100% the truth ) got two statues built of him. I've never seen or heard of it since but he guided them from league 1 to winners of prem and champs league. he did 9 seasons with them and its amazing to see how a game develops. thanks again.

yes please. that would be great. im off for the night now but if you could upload it i will download it tommorow and hav a look round. that would be brilliant. thanks.

the longest season i've ever seen was my brother who did a QPR league on championship manager 2003/2004 and ( 100% the truth ) got two statues built of him. I've never seen or heard of it since but he guided them from league 1 to winners of prem and champs league. he did 9 seasons with them and its amazing to see how a game develops. thanks again.

Yeah, it's fine. I wish I had two statues of me :p

I'm uploading a save, but it's in .rar format so it will need un-zipping. Do you have something like WinRAR? If not just let me know and i'll upload an un-zipped version.

wow! what a league you've got going on here. a few things i'd like to point out is that i'm utterly disapointed that liverpool let their veteran midfielder, steven gerrard go on a free. his reputation has now become local which i find very odd although im sure he'll be managing a top class side in a few years.

it was amazing to see that the best player in the world is bojan but what i find hard to believe is that he's yet to score more than 15 goals in a league season.

your team seems to be one which that in a few years, will reach the top as you have a generally young side.

one more point is that the game seems to be vastly populated with asian regens. i'm not sure how asian football is progressing in real life but i don't think that in 10 years time they will be producing world class players so i found that a tad unrealistic.

all in all, i found it fascinating seeing what a game can be like when its into 2019 and i thank you for that.

Keep up the good work and try and get that all elusive first leeds premier league title. ( which i noticed liverpool have still not achieved to do although they look on course for that changing this season.

I hadn't noticed Steven Gerrard had left. I've gone a bit further in my game, and he's joining Arsenal on a free on the 1st July as a youth coach.

Bojan is brilliant. Barcelona play him on the right though rather than as a striker, and I think that's why he's not scoring loads of goals.

I always look to build a youn gsquad, and now they are all reaching there early twenties, I am hoping we will be able to dominate for a few years as a lot of the teams get older. Fingers crossed.

Liverpool have been squeezed off the top. They are now 5 points behind Arsenal after 35 games. I think it's Arsenal's year for the 5th time in a row.

quick question, I dont know why I can't send my youths/regens on loan to other clubs, as no other clubs are interested in my highly rated youths. Someone help if you want to please.

Do you mean that you don't have the option to send them out on loan, or that you can't find an interested team to take them on loan?

If it's the first problem then they will probably still be on youth contracts and as far as I know, a player on a youth contract can't be loaned out.

If it's the second problem then try and get a feeder team. Players are more willing to go on loan to feeder teams and feeder teams don't have a choice as that's part of the relationship. They don;t have to play them, but if they are any good then they will get games.

Archived