Can This Be Done??

Can you persuade a player who has two nationalities to choose one?? Eg I have a talented young Frenchman who is also Democratic Republic of Congo. He will never get into the French national squad so I want him to play for DRoC because of the international experience.

I think i am right in saying this although somebody may correct me and please do if i'm wrong.

1. He can't have played any games at any level for the other nation (in this case France) whether that be Under 19's or Full international cap or anything inbetween)

2. I believe it says normally which nation they are declared for in their Personal section for the player.

Hope this is right and helps

Can you persuade a player who has two nationalities to choose one?? Eg I have a talented young Frenchman who is also Democratic Republic of Congo. He will never get into the French national squad so I want him to play for DRoC because of the international experience.

I'm not sure if this will work but if the player has you in his favoured personal comment highly about the DR Congo manager. This may do something to make him want to play for them :thup:

if you are the national manager of Democratic Republic of Congo call him up to the main squad and see what happens...

Also i think if he has represented France for the under 21s or is it under 19s the he will not be eligible to play for Democratic Republic of Congo.

I think i am right in saying this although somebody may correct me and please do if i'm wrong.

1. He can't have played any games at any level for the other nation (in this case France) whether that be Under 19's or Full international cap or anything inbetween)

2. I believe it says normally which nation they are declared for in their Personal section for the player.

Hope this is right and helps

that shouldn't be right because irl dean bouzanis has played for the U21's for Greece and Australia and has now decided he wants to play for australia, annoyingly he always picks to play for greece in fm 09.

A player can play for an U19/U21 team and then still choose to play for his other nationality as long as he does not have a senior cap. Also, on FM to call up a player, they can't be in any of the other nations squads. Hope that makes sense.

Archived