Question for SI re: FM 2010

I know it's crazy early to be asking this. But I'll be buying a new computer within the next couple of months. Any ballpark ideas on FM 2010 system requirements? Basic and recommended?

Other than FM, I pretty much just use my computer for word processing, power point and web surfing, so yes I am pathetic enough to buy computer based on FM specs. :D

For what it's worth, I'll be buying a laptop.

If you get a computer that can handle the latest games you will be fine. Just go for plenty of RAM and make sure you get a graphics card that isn't integrated so the 3D performance is good. Like chopper says the requirements won't change much from FM09.

I very much doubt they will even know yet. You can get a £400 laptop with 250gb harddrive, 4GB ram 2Ghz processor, and Nvidia graphic.

I have this one and it barely flinches at FM09, so I doubt FM10 will tax it too hard. Try the reconditioned ones on the PC World and Currys websites.

I very much doubt they will even know yet. You can get a £400 laptop with 250gb harddrive, 4GB ram 2Ghz processor, and Nvidia graphic.

I have this one and it barely flinches at FM09, so I doubt FM10 will tax it too hard. Try the reconditioned ones on the PC World and Currys websites.

I'm actually in Canada.

I'm actually in Canada.

You cant buy laptops in Canada then? My word......

Only joking buddy. FM never used to be that intensive until 3-d came along. For years the game was run on relatively low specs without much change. I would expect it to be the same now 3-d has been implemented, a big jump in specs for 09 but not too much difference thereafter.

I'd be suprised if the requirements were much different to FM09.

After all, we've just had a revolutionary addition to the game. That's already bumped up the requirements. From here it's adding features (which are resource light), optimising code (which helps with resources in fact), updating players (no difference), improving the match engine (very slight increase in resources perhaps, but unlikely to be noticable) and squashing bugs (resource nuetral)...

Even a big feature like 3d training wouldn't increase the resources required, as it would probably be based off, and therefore need the same system as, the 3D match engine.

Guest sav112

I don’t know how Fm08 full game played, My Machine is almost five years old but the Demo played on it fine…I still think with new quad cores and its looking like 6GB Ram being the norm now anything remotely new will never get pushed by this game…or it shouldn’t if it does then its seriously bad programming………

Hoping that the New FM gets back the CM feel……..I found the FM games were getting more and more difficult to play the way I did. Players were unpredictable, and all those Arrows and tactic options. I did not know if the player was struggling or was it that silly arrow or lack of it.

• SI Staff

The more "cores" the machine has, the better. We recently won an award from Intel due to the scalability of the game, so the more cores (whether that be dual core, quad core or the new i7 chip) the better.

A good graphics card is also important if you want to get the best out of 3d.

I doubt the specs will change wildly from FM09 to FM10, if such a game even exists (we haven't announced anything yet!), but the more powerful the machine is, the better the game will run.

I doubt the specs will change wildly from FM09 to FM10, if such a game even exists (we haven't announced anything yet!),

You guys dropping the FM franchise would be about as likely as Wenger selling Fabregas to United in exchange for John O'Shea and a packet of crisps. :-p

Right?

I mean, I am right, aren't I?

If not, then advanced warning guys. On the traditional release day of October the 2ndfriday, the circle lane will be closed due to a man jumping in front of a train, carrying his bundle of old FM/CM games. :-(

You guys dropping the FM franchise would be about as likely as Wenger selling Fabregas to United in exchange for John O'Shea and a packet of crisps. :-p

Right?

I mean, I am right, aren't I?

If not, then advanced warning guys. On the traditional release day of October the 2ndfriday, the circle lane will be closed due to a man jumping in front of a train, carrying his bundle of old FM/CM games. :-(

oh the horror! all those broken fm/cm cds scattered across the road... oh and you being splattered as well.

Even a big feature like 3d training wouldn't increase the resources required, as it would probably be based off, and therefore need the same system as, the 3D match engine.

i'm curious as to how that would work...3D training just imagine it now placing cones on a field to set up training drills and watching all your players running around.

i'm curious as to how that would work...3D training just imagine it now placing cones on a field to set up training drills and watching all your players running around.

It'd probably be really boring, yeah. Watching practice matches, watching players run back and forth, etc.

It's just the first thing that came to mind with "big addition that'd increase requirements" :-p

Archived