How to get consistent

I have played till 2017 with my current save, I am in my 7th season with reading, and I have never really played good for more than around 10 matches in a row ever. I try not to change formation much, this season I have pretty much used the same one the whole season. It worked the first 15 matches, where I was at 1. But now as I am in my 30th match, I have just lost my last 5 matches, with pretty much the same formation just small changes. That made me exit the trophyrace and the eurocup. It seems to me as every formation I use only works for a certain amount of matches before it automatically gets ****. After a while I pretty much starts to get damn unlucky, or totally overrun by other teams.

A friend of me, has never changed formation for a long long time. He has played a 3-5-2 for several years now, that is several real years in various versions of FM. And it always works for him, which just makes it a bit frustrating that NO formation works for me. The most I have ever won in a row with my Reading team is 6. Never gone more than 11 matches without losing. I also got 3 excellent strikers that just wont score goals. Quite strange when I play 3 up top. And this is on the third patch. How do I get consistent over time? Its just impossible for me to win the league when I, even with a superior squad, cant perform over time. I just end up 5-8th every season. Damn frustrating.

I train with own settings fixed for their respective positions in the team.

This is my ending positions in the league.

15 - 11 - 7 - 5 - 6 - 6. Every season I fail to perform. This was never the case in the previous FM, where I actually won something sometimes. Now, in 8 seasons with Reading all I got is a lousy League cup final. I dont wish to just complain, but its getting quite frustrating not being able to make one succesfull formation, even after 7 seasons in one club. How do I get consistent? Should I just ignore it when I loose 5 matches in a row?

Archived