Possible Feature For FM10?

I dont usually make suggestions, but this one that came to me today seemed good.

I have won my league, with 6 games to spare, but have more important games in my fixture list, than league games. This is why i am playing all my youngsters in the league, of course these games may not effect my overall position, but they will effect others, as i speak now i am losing 2-0 to 3rd placed Leeds, who will move above Southend if they win today, this will give them a promotion place. Surely the Southend manager must be furious i'm not putting up a fight, but he is unable to say anything. Perhaps in FM10 managers should be allowed to criticise tactical decisions?

I am welcome to criticism or praise, any feedback is good feedback.

Cheers.

Look at the situation at the end of the Premier League season everyone was up in arms about the team The Great One was going to play at Hull. There is no law in football that say a manager must play his best team. It is the most pointless argument in football. At the end of the day like Sir Alex if put yourself in a position were you can try out a few youngsters in games that don't mean anything to you then do it. look what happened on that occassion Man Utd won and Hull stayed up. (Might I what a great sight it was)

Although I do like the idea.

Look at the situation at the end of the Premier League season everyone was up in arms about the team The Great One was going to play at Hull. There is no law in football that say a manager must play his best team. It is the most pointless argument in football. At the end of the day like Sir Alex if put yourself in a position were you can try out a few youngsters in games that don't mean anything to you then do it. look what happened on that occassion Man Utd won and Hull stayed up. (Might I what a great sight it was)

Although I do like the idea.

i dont condemn that at all, i think Fergie had the right to play what team he wanted. Thanks for the feedback and comparison :thup:

i like the idea. but there is one slight problem - cos AI teams themselves i supposed they would always play their best team possible. so it means that while other AI managers would complain our decision to "rest" players, we will never get the chance to complain about them on this issue.

i like the idea. but there is one slight problem - cos AI teams themselves i supposed they would always play their best team possible. so it means that while other AI managers would complain our decision to "rest" players, we will never get the chance to complain about them on this issue.

Thanks, and that is something i thought of, perhaps the AI could have a more relaxed approach when they have won the league or something, or is this too hard for SI to create, just like if we dont want our players to go in hard on players on friendlies, we set our tackling to easy, could the AI do this but for the whole match?

I like the idea, & maybe the confidence with it can be changed, so your board know you have got nothing to play for so are more slack if you loose etc?

Absolutely, good sub idea :thup:

And then rivalrys can stem between clubs over this kind of thing. That would be cool.

Cheers, i think its a good feature, lets hope more people think the same, then ill post it in the wishlist on the weekend. :thup:

Jody Flint is right that there is a rule saying this.

Thing is, who decides what is the strongest team? Who gives the FA the right to say 'we think Carrick is better than Gibson, you're breaking the rules'? It is purely opinion as to what is the strongest team, which is why this rule is very, very rarely enforced and is likely to be scrapped soon.

Geronimo360, abusing members is against the rules anyway, doing it when you're the one that's wrong makes you look even more stupid.

Actually, I've seen the AI managers play a less-than-full-strength side in the 6th match of a Champions League group when they were guaranteed to advance, so I do think the AI takes the situation into account.

I'd love to see those games (matches played after our final position is assured cannot move up or down) to be given a zero weighting for the summary screen of the Board Confidence report, and perhaps given a "The fans understand that we started a young lineup and are not too disappointed despite the result" entry when we look at the Match Confidence screen.

IRL life don´t teams in this kind of situations pay other teams to field their strongest team (and even offer bonus money to the players if they win)... I am preety sure it happens every time in the world cup qualifiers, teams that are fighting to qualify give money to teams that are out of chances to qualify as an incentive for them trying their best to win against the other teams still in the run?

this should be implemented in the game

Good idea

I think the rule applies for the JPT - where it says something like you must include four players in your team who have play at least 10 games this season.

We once had an issue with that rule. Injuries dictated that we couldn't play 5 of our top 11 appearance makers (that is the rule, not what you said btw), and therefore had to put two injured players on and pull them off after 2 minutes to avoid a fine.

Stupid rule anyway.

With regards to the Man Utd vs Hull issue, wasn't that all just media claptrap anyway? Nobody said they were looking to take it any further and I remember at least Shearer denying these claims. While clubs have tried to sue in the past I don't remember any of it being about the opposition not playing their strongest team. The clubs down there only have themselves to blame, there's 38 league games in a season and not 1. The fault rests purely on their own inability to get results, I could only imagine such a case being laughed out of court.

Anyway, as for your idea, I think it's nice enough but could use some expanding upon. Your idea is that they should be able to criticise tactical decisions by the opposition and you've only given the one good example. I don't really remember the options too well as I don't go around slagging off other managers, but I think the only one currently is "that you tactically outclassed them". Some other ideas from people would help strengthen your cause I feel. Off the top of my head criticising managers for their team being dirty after they injure 3 of your players in one game sounds worthy to me.

I think the vast majority of us think that the interaction in general needs to be more in-depth, but perhaps if we can come up with more ideas specifically it could help to see them in the game in the future :thup:

With regards to the Man Utd vs Hull issue, wasn't that all just media claptrap anyway? Nobody said they were looking to take it any further and I remember at least Shearer denying these claims. While clubs have tried to sue in the past I don't remember any of it being about the opposition not playing their strongest team. The clubs down there only have themselves to blame, there's 38 league games in a season and not 1. The fault rests purely on their own inability to get results, I could only imagine such a case being laughed out of court.

Anyway, as for your idea, I think it's nice enough but could use some expanding upon. Your idea is that they should be able to criticise tactical decisions by the opposition and you've only given the one good example. I don't really remember the options too well as I don't go around slagging off other managers, but I think the only one currently is "that you tactically outclassed them". Some other ideas from people would help strengthen your cause I feel. Off the top of my head criticising managers for their team being dirty after they injure 3 of your players in one game sounds worthy to me.

I think the vast majority of us think that the interaction in general needs to be more in-depth, but perhaps if we can come up with more ideas specifically it could help to see them in the game in the future :thup:

thanks mate, day off tomorrow, might write this idea down in full, and see if i can come up with more reasons on why this should be implemented.

• 6 months later...
I dont usually make suggestions, but this one that came to me today seemed good.

I have won my league, with 6 games to spare, but have more important games in my fixture list, than league games. This is why i am playing all my youngsters in the league, of course these games may not effect my overall position, but they will effect others, as i speak now i am losing 2-0 to 3rd placed Leeds, who will move above Southend if they win today, this will give them a promotion place. Surely the Southend manager must be furious i'm not putting up a fight, but he is unable to say anything. Perhaps in FM10 managers should be allowed to criticise tactical decisions?

I am welcome to criticism or praise, any feedback is good feedback.

Cheers.

Off topic.

What i want to know is how you get 9000 posts in a year of being on these forums!?!?

On topic.

Sounds like a good idea.

I think you'll find that there is, certainly in the Premier League anway:

"Premier League rule 20, section E, says teams must field a full-strength side in all top-flight matches"

It's a pretty unworkable rule though. As long as a player is a registered member of the first team, there wouldn't really be anything that a club could as they are part of the first team regardless of their ability.

• 2 months later...

Archived