What does it take to gain continental reputation?

Hi, does anyone know what it takes to make your club gain continental reputation? I'm playing with Feyenoord (dutch eredivisie) and i reckon i should have gained continental rep by now:

I'm in summer 2015 and i've won 5x National league (1x runners up), 4x Dutch cup (2x runners up), 4x Dutch supercup (2x runners up), 1x EURO cup (1x Euro supercup runners up) up until now. The Dutch league is rated 4th in Europe, almost all of my 1st team players have continental or worldwide reputation and i've made quite a lot of big (continental) signings. The club is rated 5th in Europe and is rich. Personally i've also won the Copa America with Argentinia this year, reckon that should count for something too....

I see lots of smaller clubs who haven't won anything substantial in the last years in small competition who do have continental rep...

Is this a bug or is it just insanely difficult to gain continental rep with any club?

Thanks

I'm in summer 2015 and i've won 5x National league (1x runners up), 4x Dutch cup (2x runners up), 4x Dutch supercup (2x runners up), 1x EURO cup (1x Euro supercup runners up) up until now. ... Personally i've also won the Copa America with Argentinia this year, reckon that should count for something too

What's up Eredivisie buddy? :)

I'm managing FC Utrecht at the moment. I won the League and cup double in my first season (We were extremely lucky) and my rep is at 'Continental'. It could have something to do with club reputation, what with Feyenoord being one of the big Dutch clubs, but you've also managed Argentina, so surely someone must know you by now. Sounds like a bug really.

That can't be the case. Man City started with with National, and turn Continental sometime around the start of the second season. Both season was Euro Cup. First knockout round 1st year, won it the second year but that was after it turned Continental. Can't be caused by associating with a high rep manager either, I started as Sunday League Unproven rep :D turn Regional and then National first season, only Continental start of 3rd season.

Archived