Does your team play better when you watch the match?

This is pretty much it, my question. My team seems to get better results when i watch the match instead of just going on holiday. Did anyone experience the same? I don't think it is due to team talks since i let my assistant manager do the TT. Is there any other explanation for that? It can't be just my ability of choosing the right sub-ins (compared to the AM).

EDIT: Of course i make the assistant manager play my tactic and players when on holiday.

Hard to say. We both win fairly consistently. I am paying large dollars for my Assistant Manager so he is of good caliber. But I never Holiday for more than one game at a time (Friendly's/weak competition/cup rounds where I've already qualified to move on)

The biggest disadvantage I see with using the assman all the time is when players get injured. My first team features only one player with exceptional long shots skill (my DMC). My other DMC is a wrecking ball that I reserve for strong opposing offenses that require a bit more beef on my back line to shut down. Thing is, if my ass man kept using the same tactics and my first DMC was injured my second DMC would be launching shots from 30+ yards away and gifting possession to the opponent.

Same for my wingers: two are gifted speedsters with phenomenal ball control skills that I use against slow defenders. Their 'subs' are technically gifted players who backtrack more for defence and cross more accurately. I use them when I am facing speedy wingers/fullbacks so that they aren't caught deep in the final third when we lose possession and they spring their counterattack.

I couldn't leave the same instructions for all of my playstyles available. My ass man wouldn't understand why I have two different styles of players at almost every position except keeper, DC and AMC.

it can affect ass man feedback. The worst is the keeper is giving the ball away when watching highlights but if viewed on full it wont come up. He doesnt really give it away either

Archived