Long time to settle a player...

I have a player of mine that is taking a great deal of time to settle in. He has been with me for a season and a half. He was eased in at the beginning but has found himself a starting role. However, before every game the Ass Man says that he is having trouble blending in.

He has improved from having 'Serious Problems' to simply 'trying to blend' but this has been ongoing for MANY games (over 40 at least) and I figured he would blend by now. Most players seem to blend with us quite quickly and the Scout Reports didn't mention anything about him having problems fitting in.

He is performing well so I'm thinking to just ignore it. Has anyone else had a player take a seemingly absurd length of time adjusting?

try signing a player of the same nationality as him, or better yet sign one of his favoured personnel, whether is a backroom staff or player. Even if they're bad just sign them and get rid of them when your player is settled in - if you have the money.

try signing a player of the same nationality as him, or better yet sign one of his favoured personnel, whether is a backroom staff or player. Even if they're bad just sign them and get rid of them when your player is settled in - if you have the money.

Thanks. Hadn't thought of that! I'll see who he recommends - I'll ask for backroom and a player.

The nationality thing wouldn't work since my entire team is one nationality. :)

Thanks. Hadn't thought of that! I'll see who he recommends - I'll ask for backroom and a player.

The nationality thing wouldn't work since my entire team is one nationality. :)

not just asking him, but checking if there is anyone listed on his favoured personnel list.

not just asking him, but checking if there is anyone listed on his favoured personnel list.

I get what your saying. Alright. I'd have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure I'm listed on his favourite personnel!

As long as he is performing then ignore it- maybe he has a very low adaptability attribute and will never fully settle.

I hope he does. I always looked at it as "he's performing well and he isn't even settled yet!". I was looking forward to when he reached his full potential and settled!

The "settling in" part of FM09 is badly screwed up, it's true. It relies MASSIVELY on language skills. Adaptability is every bit as important as consistency and, to me, that shouldn't be the way of it.

On my Atletico save I brought in Steven Taylor from Newcastle and I had the same problem.

It ended up that after 1 and a half seasons he handed in a transfer request and I offloaded him to Man City ( surprise surprise )

Hope same doesn't happen to you mate

Archived