Wow my board are generous

I just had to post this because I have never seen my board be so generous in all my years of playing CM and FM.

I just finished third in the Prem in my first season with Sunderland and a couple of days later I get this news story pop up.

AlexShaw-3.png

Normally I only see stadium expansions of 1000 to 2000 seats, not 16000.

So, anybody else had their board be more generous than that?

I got 5500 seats added to Gigg Lane with FC United when I got promoted to the Premiership. Cost me £7 million.

If you thinks thats bad enough it is even worse when it is not even our stadium. We are only there as we dont have our own ground

OL Land @ Lyonnais was expanded from the 60,000 it was built with, to 76,000 after i took over. Cost me £20million and sunk me into debt. Was touch and go for a while because the wagebill i inherited was £1.2million which wasn't sustainable.

Didn't really feel the financial benefits of getting 76,000 per game because of the poor French League and Lyons own 'National' rep meant my ticket prices were only £26. £780k every home game wasn't really helping much! Just biding my time assembling a good squad so i can drag Lyons rep up to Worldwide and get ticket prices upwards of £30!

Got a new arena with about 73,000 seats which was expanded a year later to a capacity of a bit over 90,000.

Kind of funny, because the old arena was built in 1999, so it wasn't even 12 years old when the new one was announced. I actually still have to pay for the old stadium as well. Definately worth it though, the old one had a starting capacity of 57,000 and then got maxed out at about 60,000.

The only problem is that the game always considers standing area as inferior to seats, so the first thing it does is replace the standing area with seats. In Germany, a chairman who does that would be hung up on the next tree ;)

Archived