the beauty of the scoreline

which result would please you more:

1-0

or

6-0

personally i would rather have a scrappy 1-0 victory over a 6-0 hammering.

by your team winning 1-0 this suggests that the game was tight and that you just came away with the victory.

i think that a 1-0 win is more satisfying/pleasing.

your opinions

A 1-0 scoreline suggests to me that my team is either fairly even with the opposition (good or bad thing depending on who it is) or my team is somewhat struggling to score and making it harder for themselves by not putting the game to bed.

6-0 Suggests that I'm miles above the opposition so I'd definitely be pleased with that, especially if I'm against a big team.

Winning 1-0 after a late winner is more satisfying though.

A 1-0 scoreline suggests to me that my team is either fairly even with the opposition (good or bad thing depending on who it is) or my team is somewhat struggling to score and making it harder for themselves by not putting the game to bed.

6-0 Suggests that I'm miles above the opposition so I'd definitely be pleased with that, especially if I'm against a big team.

Winning 1-0 after a late winner is more satisfying though.

yeah this is the kind of thing i`m talking about.

on 9.2.0 my liverpool side were doing pretty poorly when we came up agaisnt a newly promoted birmingham at anfield. so i sent out a full strength side and went out really attacking and we won 11-0, it got there spirits up and it was entertaining to see torres bag 4 goals. but i usually enjoy watching a game where i win by a couple o goals or walking over the other team when both teams are even to win by 3 or more.

Man utd last night

3-2 after leading 2-0 comfortably in the champions league group stage 4th game home against werder bremen with the likes of derbyshire, gibson as starters at 2-2 i bring in Ronaldo he quickly makes a couple of moves and voula 3-2

it's satisfies me the most when we can climb back and win the game despite the opposition leading or equalling us

Ajax - Feyenoord 6-0 (Eredivisie)

What was predicted as a hard fighting battle, turned up to be a walk in a park for Ajax. 3 goals in first 15 minutes and 4-0 lead for half time. Ended up in 6-0 win. The biggest and one of my most delighting victory of my FM09 career so far, due to rivalry between clubs.

Needless to say that fans reaction on "confidence" screen was "superb" and green bar marked the first 100% I've seen.

6-0 ftw shows you completely outplayed the opposition and that everythig you have been working on tactics wise just fell into place. When I win big like so, I always watch the highlights around 2-3 times gives me an idea of who played well and can also lead to me re-training player's positions.

Archived