FM dream scenario = true fans deathwish!

Has anyone ever wished relegation/promotion on a team in real life just because they want that management challenge in the next version of FM?

I was kind of hoping St Etienne would not survive the drop as the promotion challenge would be fun, but they are one of my favourite teams and it made me feel bad!

I guess Newcastle, Southampton / Norwich / Charlton, & Burnley (for the opposite reasons) are "ideal" outcomes of the 2008/9 reshuffles - fans may disagree!.

A lot of LLaMas wish a team from below the BSS/BSN to be promoted so they can play them - FC United are popular at the moment.

I'm sure there were huge celebrations in SI Towers when AFC Wimbledon got promoted to the BSS so they were playable in FM09 - SI sponsor them.

Guilty, the first thing I thought when Newcastle were relegated was "Can't wait for Fm10!".

Ditto - I usually start out each new FM at about the Championship mid-table level, where I can get a good feel for tactics, etc., before moving to an LLM game (York City, more often than not).

My first thought was "Oh, I know who I'll manage in FM'10!"

Well im a huge newcastle fan, and was gutted to see them get relegated. but speaking to my bro (also newcastle fan) we've both said the best thing about it is how much more fun FM will be next year trying to get them back into the prem.

We've also admitted to hoping they dont sell a lot of player so you have to deal with bringing the wage budget down (kinda like FM 06 or 07 cept in the championship lol)

Archived