So I caved in!!!!

Yep I've had FM09 for nearly a month and have to say I really enjoy it, great game, after seeing my mate playing the game I got the urge to go and buy it and so did.

Here are my thoughts for what they are worth, and a few questions to boot as well, some will be random as I think of them!!!

1. Playing the game with the 3D match engine takes ages, so I've gone back to playing with just the commentary.

2. Assistant Manager feature has been very helpful in aiding me building a decent a tactic.

3. Keep getting a weird occurence in the match engine where it pauses briefly at 7 minutes, 22 minutes, 31 minutes, 52 minutes and well every seven minutes, gone through all the options and tried different things and it hasn't made a difference! But it is so annoying.

4. Difficult to sign a decent Goalkeeper.

5. Playing as Villa and Randy Lerner keeps selling players and it is really beginning to get on my nerves.

6. Media interaction is a little repetitive, so much so I tend to send my AM now.

7. Players lacking the motivation to play for me, how do I turn that around then?

8. Authentication was a doddle, had to do it by phone, and was done and up and running in five minutes, if SI go down this route again, I'll have no worries about purchasing FM10 as long as there are no problems on release day.

9. When I do play in the 3D match engine, I love it, it is really easy to pick out where players are going wrong and it's even better viewing when your team are playing slick attacking football.

10. In the 'Game Status' menu there is a little graph that shows the processor activity, I have two lines one yellow and one red, the red line appears to be almost flat, whilst the yellow one goes up and down every five seconds or so, is this correct?

11. Easier to sign decent players, and plus you don't have to pay huge amounts for them, plus it's easier to sell players too.

So yep, really enjoying the game for all it's quirks and annoyances, just having a break from playing it, hence why I'm on here!

I get 3 as well although more noticeable in the first half (around 8mins & 22mins). I believe its caused by the ME reviewing your opposition's tactics and making changes then calculating the result.

7 I believe is caused by your reputation being lower than the club/players. What did you select at the start?

Archived