Irratating Locals

I dont know if anyone else has ever had this problem, but its a recurring theme on my Newcastle save.

Im in the 2015/2016 season and my team is now very successful, having expanded St. James' park to 59,700 seats, since around the 2012 season i have been asking for another expansion. At the end of every season since i've had the same message

"Due to strong local opposition the expansion plans have bene scrapped"

So roughly every season for 3 or 4 years, does anyone know if they will every cave? or will i always be using this same stadiunm due to "strong local opposition" (as if any geordies would really protest that strongly to improving newcastle's stadium, they'd just move lol). But i mean, are they really just going to oppose it every year?

No idea ^^

The stadium expansions seem to be completely random, based on location, success of the side, finances and what year it is.

There's no solution - you can only keep asking. At least you don't have the dreaded "the local council won't allow it" problem...

haha, maybe thats the next thing to come!

I dont even need to keep asking anymore, everytime i ask i just get "the Newcastle board politely remind you they are alreayd planning an expansion". SO im guessing it will get expanded anyway.

I can only guess the problem is location?

60,000 is the most St James' Park can be expanded to in game. In real life its the same figure but planning permission would never get granted due to the listed buildings behind the East stand (the small one the camera always face).

nope cant find it.

i'll give u the jist.

the guy won everything for nearly a decade had about 600 mil in the bank and kept asking for the stadium to be expanded and out of the blue the bourd said were buildin a new ground , cost 550mil bla bla bla, happydays :D

Archived