Gwangju.

I was looking through some of the teams in the K-league, and I noticed that all but two of the players in the Gwangju squad had agreed moves to other teams. Is there some weird reason for this? Or is it a bug?

Its the football team of the South Korean Military. Every season they get 15 young Koreans who serve their military duty for 2 years and then go back to their previous clubs.

That would explain a lot. Thank you.

• 9 months later...

I just came across Gwangju when looking at the South Korean clubs in my game. Searched the forums here and found this thread.

So the players come to the Gwangju/Military for two years from another club. What determines the players that come to the club? Could it be anyone from another South Korean club? Or will it be regens in the seasons to come?

South Korea has mandatory military service for two years for all adult males, due to the ongoing (in theory) Korean War. So I suspect Gwangju simply selects the best squad of players available in the military at any one time.

How this works in FM, whether they're regens or players from another player, I'm not sure. Do K-League teams have youth academies in FM?

광주

읖시 서울 최고! :)

Archived