Any of the players today become....

....successful managers in your game?

I am only a little way into the game so not really seen any retirements but just wondered if you guys that have gone through quite a few years seen any players mae a success at management.

Also do they start off as AM or go straight in as the boss?

Just curious about who i could be up against one day.

....successful managers in your game?

I am only a little way into the game so not really seen any retirements but just wondered if you guys that have gone through quite a few years seen any players mae a success at management.

Also do they start off as AM or go straight in as the boss?

Just curious about who i could be up against one day.

well i have ballack, saha, damian duff, frank lampard and david beckham as coaches and have had raul and nedved who have moved on to manager positions, nedved being the most succesfull winning a euro championship as czech manager. lucio has been best, winning nearly everything as brazil manager

micheal owen is at burnely as manager too

In 2021:

Fabio Cannavaro - Espanyol

Carlos Puyul - Salamanca

Ivica Olic - Hamburg

Phillipe Mexes - Creteil

Bacary Sagna - Lyon

Steven Gerrard - Liverpool

Gianluca Zambrotta - Bologna

Patrick Vieira - Saint-Ettiene

Raul - Everton

On my game I had Nedved as a coach and he moved on to manage Newcastle and took them to 4th place in 2020. Raul is manager of Birmingham and has taken them from one of the bottom teams in the prem to a mid table team. I always try to get former players as staff and currently I have Ballack, Terry, Ferdinand, Evra, Lampard, Butt, Giggs, Scholes and I think i have a couple more but I can't remember at the moment.

2019 in one of my saves:

Didier Drogba - Ivory Coast (won ACN)

Federico Vilar - Argentina (won Copa America twice and finished 3rd in the WC)

Lucio - Sao Paulo (won CWC)

Frank Lampard - Fulham (finished 8th in EPL

Sebastian Kehl - Salzburg

Dirk Kuyt - FC Twente

Daniele Bonera - Pisa (promoted to Serie A)

Joey Barton (lol) - Leyton Orient

Hasan Salihamidzic - Bosnia & Herz.

Jonathan Woodgate - Brighton (finished 8th in the Championship)

Steven Gerrad.. he's working as a Youth Coach.. for Chelsea..

At the end of the first season in my save, Giggs and G. Neville were released, with Scholes joining them after the second. I desperately tried to sign them to keep them on as coaches in due course. None agreed to sign for me, or anyone. They all disappeared from the database. Gutted.

At the end of the first season in my save, Giggs and G. Neville were released, with Scholes joining them after the second. I desperately tried to sign them to keep them on as coaches in due course. None agreed to sign for me, or anyone. They all disappeared from the database. Gutted.

i did notice this myself in my game a few of the players vanished which is why i wondered if any made it into management.

Archived