Team Talks: Which one works for you?

I know that different people use different team talks with varying results, but which ones do you use, and when has a successful team talk turned a game around for you?

For me, I use 'For The Fans' for home games, 'You can win' for away games, and 'Expect a Win' for games when I am favourite by miles.

I never use the 'No Pressure' options, because I've been told they can kill your performance, but some people swear by them.

Really depends on:

1: who is fav to win the game

2: home or away

3: opposition team

4: my current form

but mainly i go for away games: wish them luck and home: expect a win or you can win. half time team talks i give acording to what the score line is and how players are performing.. but individual team talks can do wonders also..

on a side note sometimes saying nothing is a great help.

i use 'none'

Always works for me

Really?

I might have to try that more often, then. Whenever I did that before, the team performed poorly.

On another note, does anyone bother micromanaging their TTs (i.e setting individual talks for each player)? I only do it when one player has scored 3 or 4 goals, or when the goalie has kept us in the game.

I've never really understood the context of "wish luck"? Does it mean that the team you are playing are big favourites and its like, "Good luck boys, you will need it" or is it something different - maybe when the matchup is even.

One thing I use is "no pressure" for some players under 20. For example, if I'm a premier league team playing in the league cup against lower ranked opposition I will put out a couple of youngsters with "no pressure" and some old heads with "expect a performance". I find the youngsters generally do better that way.

Gotta agree with Jim99, "None" always works, use it for pre-match and half time , and then give a real comment on full time related to their performance/result. It worked, as when i was put in charge of Leeds 10 games in , in the Championship , they were in the relagation zone, but got them promoted that season through the play-offs.

Archived