The HIGHS and lows of your current FM season?

the high point of my season so far was coming from 2-0 down away at porto to draw 2-2. i scored 2 goals in the last 7 minutes.:thup::)

The low point of my season so far was in my 2nd game at home, i was 2-0 up and then 2-1, rio ferdinand gave away a penalty 1 minute after i had got my second goal, and then in the 86th minute john o shea scored an own goal.

what about you guys?

low point was losing in the cup final to Real Madrid, highs would be the League win, potentially a Champions League win and the victory over Chelsea in the semi final of the Champions League. First leg was 2-0 down and then Iniestaaaaa scored a 94th minute away goal, won 2-1 in the second leg and it went to penalties, John Terry's miss put us through to the final against United.

low point was losing in the cup final to Real Madrid, highs would be the League win, potentially a Champions League win and the victory over Chelsea in the semi final of the Champions League. First leg was 2-0 down and then Iniestaaaaa scored a 94th minute away goal, won 2-1 in the second leg and it went to penalties, John Terry's miss put us through to the final against United.

did John Terry slip in the rain:D

on my 2nd season with sunderland.....

high point....winning first 15 league games in a row beating the likes of arsenal chelsea, liverpool, man utd, man city....

low point......saviola who was out for most of last season started to put in some great peformances he was banging in the goals until he got another long term injury and is out for 7 months with a broken leg!!! im suffering somewhat a striker crisis right now andy johnson and saviola both out long term so signed flippo inzaghi he got injured so now have signed another oldie morientes, im gonn a wrap him up in cotton wool hes my only fit striker!!!!! and this whole situation was down to me selling kenewye jones for 10 million and the board only giving me 1 mil of it to find a replacement!!!! god this game annoys me sometimes

Craig, You woudn't happen to be tottenham would you?

Well I am 1st season.

High: Beating Porto In a firnedly put me on a high going into start of season

Low:Every Preimier League game 1-0 then 2-1 now 2-0 0W 0D 3L actully 3rd ame is now 2-1 cmon Tottenham!!!

The Final Score 3-2 to Portsmouth

2nd Season at FC Utrecht

High Point: Either beating Ajax in the Super Cup or grabbing a point at Anfield in the Champions League

Low Point: Our league form. Currently we're P5 W1 L4:(

league form - tell me about well actually don`t go there.

pl 15

w 3

d 9

l 3

This is with my manchester united (the team i support).

I am in a state of shock at the start of our season.:eek::(

just started my 4th season with QUB in the N.Irish second div. last season was my best as i won 2 cups 1 in which i was runner up the previous year, lows were poor home form compared to last couple of seasons and finishing 2 points off promotion

Craig, You woudn't happen to be tottenham would you?

Well I am 1st season.

High: Beating Porto In a firnedly put me on a high going into start of season

Low:Every Preimier League game 1-0 then 2-1 now 2-0 0W 0D 3L actully 3rd ame is now 2-1 cmon Tottenham!!!

my beloved manchester united mate, don`t even mention porto, played them 3 times and every time i went 2-0 down against them, only good thing to come out of it was that i managed to drew one of them 2-2.

Managing newly promoted Blackburn my second year with them but 5th season into the game

High point - Drawing with Arsenal away 3-3 & Leading at Old Trafford untill the 90th minute when Zaki & Rooney scored to draw 3-3

Low Point - Getting beat 8-2 by Man Utd in the Carling Cup

Managing newly promoted Blackburn my second year with them but 5th season into the game

High point - Drawing with Arsenal away 3-3 & Leading at Old Trafford untill the 90th minute when Zaki & Rooney scored to draw 3-3

Low Point - Getting beat 8-2 by Man Utd in the Carling Cup

well done you reds. unlucky mate. you see these things happen when you come against the best.:D

well done you reds. unlucky mate. you see these things happen when you come against the best.:D

haha funny how things change from certain comments in the 3-3 match i said no pressure and led 3-1 at half time in the 8-2 match i said you can win today and went in 5-1 down at half time! :(

High Beating Barca 2-1 at the Nou Camp in the champions league semi finals first leg

Low Losing 6-0 to Barca in the second leg of the Champions league

devastating i started a game awhile back now with PSV went the first 12 games winning every game only to play Real Madrid the the CL group stage and lose 8-1 :(

High point was being in a play-off place with Bognor at New Year. Low point is now being back in 15th on a five match losing streak which just won't end (oh how my players love hitting the woodwork!). Which wouldn't be too bad but in the last 10 games I'm W1 L9. Will it never end?! :eek:

ac milan 2032/33

high points: came back from 3-0 down in 22 mins at old trafford to win 4-3

low points: eliminated at champions league group stage, lost italian cup semi final on penalties, losing 4-1 to arsenal in the second leg of my euro cup semi after winning the first game 2-1

and it looks like i'm going to finish second in the league, for the second season in a row, to a different team.

not happy.

High point was being in a play-off place with Bognor at New Year. Low point is now being back in 15th on a five match losing streak which just won't end (oh how my players love hitting the woodwork!). Which wouldn't be too bad but in the last 10 games I'm W1 L9. Will it never end?! :eek:

i know how you feel mate.

Norwich City Championship 2016/2017

Highs:

Joining late November and enjoying the rest of the season losing only 5 games.

Getting into the playoffs on the last day, beating West Ham 2-0.

Winning in the Play Off final 2-0... To West Ham.

Beating Ipswich Town in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup

Lows:

Losing 3-2 to Liverpool in the 4th Round of the FA due to a last minute own goal.

Seeing Ipswich cruise the league winning by 14 points.

Most enjoyable season of FM09 so far :D

High points on my current campain is: (i am Barcelona)

won the league and the cup..

Low Points:

Played real madrid 4 times this season 2 in the league and 2 in the champions league and lost all games 1:0 even when i dominated every game..

Iker Casillas was unbeatable.. the guy played brilliant in all 4 games...

Lincoln City 08/09

High: Topping the table up until Christmas and being offered a new contract at the end of the season despite failing to make the play-offs

Low: Conceding three last minute goals in two consecutive home games to cost us a place in the play-offs :(

High point: Retained the champions league for the first time with Zenit, and on course for five trophies after picking up the world club championship for the second time also.

Low Point: My best right winger has just decided to bog off, wouldn't accept a new contract so I let him leave. Which still gets me confused, I mean why would anyone leave the champions of the world :(.

High point: Retained the champions league for the first time with Zenit, and on course for five trophies after picking up the world club championship for the second time also.

Low Point: My best right winger has just decided to bog off, wouldn't accept a new contract so I let him leave. Which still gets me confused, I mean why would anyone leave the champions of the world :(.

good point mate, he probably just wanted a new challenge.

Current season has only just started, and I'm doing awfully compared to last year.

High of last year: Title win, CL win and new stadium named after me :)

Low of last year: Loss in FA cup semi.

Now I'm more into season.

High points: 5-1 win over Arsenal at Molineux; 1-0 win at AC Milan; Club World Championship success.

Low points: 4-1 loss to Arsenal on opening day of season (although I then got them back in the Super Cup); 0-1 home loss to Blackburn in LC semi home leg after a 3-3 away draw; uncharacteristically poor away form. Also, a low is selling a few players and then being unable to find replacements.

high points of taking struggling Burnley to a Championship playoff spot on the final day of the season and of beating Arsenal and (Premier League) Crystal Palace in a good FA Cup run, low points of losing in the playoffs final to Plymouth, a team I'd beaten twice that year, losing to Spurs in an FA Cup quarter final replay, and that disastrous ten games without a win at the beginning of the season which left me settling for the playoffs when I was in title-challenging form for the other 3/4 of the season.

To next year!

In my 1992/93 season game for FM08, i started with arsenal

Highs - Winning FA Cup, League Cup, League and Champions League in 1st Season

Lows - having won the Champions Leagues and defended it, I lost in the final in the 3rd season

Current Team for those interested in which would be 96/97

GK: Seaman

DL: Roberto Carlos - 700K

DC: Ilic - 240K

DC: Adams

DR: Winterburn

ML: Overmars - 9.5M

MC: Zidane - 5M

MC: Limpar

MR: Ndlovu - 13.5M

ST: Alan Shearer - 12.5M

ST: Zamarano - 24.5M

High Point

Holding, and in my opinion, actually managing to outplay Barcelona in the Copa del Rey with Granada CF in the 4th Round 1st Leg and drawing 1-1...

Low Point

...but getting thrashed 4-1 in the second leg with some lethal finishing from Messi, Henry and Etoo.

1st season with Wolves in the Championship

High Point

Beating Reading Away 1-0 and outplaying them to win the title

Low Point

I am 3-0 vs Swansea Away from home with 15 minutes to go. Swansea pull one back in the 78th minute, then my CB Richard Stearman gives away a Peno in the 83rd minute which is converted, 3-2. At this time i am shouting at my computer screen, while i set my Team Instructions to 'Ultra Defensive'

In the 88th Minute, Swansea equalised and there was some more shouting and swearing going on there to my computer.

I won 42 games and drawn 4 the whole season, this was one of the stupid draws.

High

I gave a rodgering bollocking to Man City 6-1. (I'm FC United), and 3-0, 3-1 wins vs Chelsea and Man United

Low

We lost 5-3 on Agg to Udinese in the Champions League Qualifiers.

We then finished 3rd in our Uefa cup group, with Roma drawing with Zenit, leaving us 1 point behind Zenit, when a Roma win would have seen us through on Goal Difference.

Lost 3-1 in Extra Time vs a Championship team in the Carling Cup, with my full strength side. Including my keeper being sent off in the 118th minute for trying to do a hand of god after he went up for a corner.

started a new game with everton last night only 11 games in

High point: being second in the league and coming from 1 down to beat arsenal 3-2

Low point: beaten by Portsmouth 2-1, my only points dropped so far

Also drawing Man Utd in the Carling Cup and expected to reach the quarters :(

I'm in August, just about to play the first league game of the new season, so I'll straddle both sides of the close season.

Highs: In the last three three days of the season winning the FA Cup (beating an already relegated in 20th place and deeply depressed Reading side 2-0) then just overcoming Man Citeh 1-0 to win the Europa Cup.

Lows: Having beat Chelski in three games out of three, finding ourselves 0-4 down in the Community Shield before we got into our stride, losing 2-4.

And worse, much much worse, ..... Gerrard doing his cruciates and being out for an estimated seven months :(

My 3rd season at Middlesbrough:

Highs: Great first half of the season finished 3rd. Signed Tom Sotaers, used him as a sub-in in the 70th minute and he scored 2 goals that lead me to victory.

Lows: Finished 8th at the end of the season, missed international competition by 1 point, Tom Sotaers never scored again.

High- Scoring in the last minute against St.Albans to draw 2-2. Im Farnborough.

Low-Dominating games only to lose or draw :thdn:

tell me about it mate. that is the story of my season.

my last game finished 3-3 away at Fenerbache (i knew it would be a difficult game beforehand) i took the lead 3 times only to score an own goal in the 89th minute.

A draw that feels like a defeat.:(

Archived