hero to zero=gutted

after trying many different tactics i finally created my own and at the end of 2012 won the champions league and finished second in the premiership with birmingham,just one season later the ai have picked apart my tactic and i cant even get my side to string 2 passes together,this is not a tactic discussion in anyway i just feel that i'm being cheated out of a really good game.i'm now on the verge of binning the poxy game as there is no enjoyment whatsoever.i am gutted.

Stick with it mate, it is annoying that after such a good season you are struggling but just try making a couple of tweaks to your tactics. I found just a slight amendment of the passing style or tempo has been enough in the past for me.

In my experience simply changing some arrows to make your players track back or move into different positions say during away games can help you avoid this marking of your tactics while keeping your team roughly playing the same way. Also changing of passing and tempo during games is pretty much all you need to balance the play most of the time. You should go browse through the tactics forum, because in fact this is a tactical issue.

I think its a bit naive though that some people assume they can use the same tactics against hugely different teams, and especially because there is such a huge home/away effect in this game.

Originally posted by MSCCG:

In my experience simply changing some arrows to make your players track back or move into different positions say during away games can help you avoid this marking of your tactics while keeping your team roughly playing the same way. Also changing of passing and tempo during games is pretty much all you need to balance the play most of the time. You should go browse through the tactics forum, because in fact this is a tactical issue.

I think its a bit naive though that sometimes people assume they can use the same tactics against hugely different teams, and especially because there is such a huge home/away effect in this game.

I only ever tweak my defensive line and closing down these days. Oh, and I sometimes use counter-attack against my nearest rivals (Reading, Arsenal and Pompey). Normally catches them on the wrong foot. If you're at the top though 90% of teams will come out playing for a draw. I've seen time wasting tactics on the first goal kick before!

Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

If you could contend for the title every year with the same tactic in one of the best football leagues in the world it wouldn't be much of a game now would it.

thanks for your input.....actually it took 4 seasons to get a tactic that worked,actually first 22 games unbeaten and then all of a sudden cracks started to appear everywhere.

Archived