Why high rep managers never get signed by big clubs?

It's understandable that there is a bias toward humans managers so we can get accepted in big clubs like Chelsea, Barcelona, etc. But it seems those big clubs only catch the same guys.

For example, using FM scout I can see that are a some managers with world rep 10000 training "poor" teams in Brazil or on other leagues, maybe even unemployed, but they never go to Europe, it shouldnt be like that, it would give the game more realism if they try out high rep managers that won everything on other countries!

There hasn't been many south american/asian/north american managers who regardless of their achievements come to europe to manage. Language issues, the huge differences in the styles of play etc means that they aren't best suited to this kind of job.

It's the same the other way around as well, there are different footballing cultures around the world, and mixing them doesn't necessarily always work, even from other countries around europe, introducing them to English football, and vice versa won't always work.

I always see a whole rash of top top 'world class' managers sitting around waiting (forlornly) for a job. Might happen occasionally IRL, but not like in FM.

Unemployed Continental Class Managers at the time of posting who have been out of work for at least one year: Dunga, Rijkaard, Bilardo, J. Ramos, A. Grant, Klinsmann, Mancini, Schuster, Nedved.

I know a few are unemployed at the moment, but not for so long. I'm not including Scolari who just got fired from Brasil for picking up 1 point in the 2010 World Cup group stage including a 0-1 loss to Mali!

Archived