New Position Training

I was wondering......

When you select a new position for a player to train and it says unconvicing is that indicating he will never be able to train that position?..or..is uncovincing the start of the process? so he will then go onto something higher and then eventually be accomplished.

I dont really understand which of the above it is so could someone clarify please?

When you start the retraining, it will tell you what the players current ability in that position is- if it is unconvincing, you have a long hard road ahead of you to make it worth while and unless the player is very gifted, will not really be worthwhile IMO.

I had a MR whom I trained during the whole season as DR and also he played 17 matches in this position and still he remained ineffectual. The other guy trained a position in one month being ineffectual at the begining.Every player has a hidden attribute called versatility, you can find it if you're using Genie Scout. So it depends.

But generally I'm looking to start training a player in new position at least when he's "awkward". Playing matches also will help you.

Versatility and adaptability are the important hidden attributes for re-training. However, as said, if he's that useless to start off with you'll never get him to be good enough; it's not worth the effort. Note also that re-training takes points away from other training, so he won't progress so much in other training regimes.

Archived