Merchandising Sales

is there any proven way to increase your merchandising sales??

in previous FM's i remember that once i got a feeder in US, my sales would jump a lot after a few years... Currently I have a US and China feeder team, but it doesn't seem to be having much use. My US team is Carolina so they aren't exactly a top US team, could this be one of the reasons?

Any hints/advice much appreciated

ye i know about the big signing, but i rarely sign big players anymore unfortunately... didnt think about the pre season tour... will have to give that a shot... cheers for the advice

Edit: just cancelled link with Carolina (356k/year), and linked up with Toronto FC (2.96M), and will arrange tour out there...

That pre-season tour thing is by far something that has been confirmed to work, infact, the only research with 09 that I've seen, showed that tours have no effect whatsoever.

Feeder clubs will work as a modifier when signing big names, other than that, doing well is the only other way currently in the game afaik.

i already am the no.1 rated team based on coefficient's... so maybe it won't go any higher :S

ill wait and see what the new USA link does... also gettin a new China link soon after cancelling that one recently as both of the commercial links were done when we were not as highly ranked...

Pre-Season tours don't have any effect, so you can scrap that one off the list. Even with a Commercial Feeder Club it has no effect. Just because it makes sense in real life, doesn't mean that SI have coded that in the game. It's just a myth that many people believe unfortunately.

Merchandise will naturally rise as your club becomes successfull on the pitch and gains in reputation. Transfer activity is the only thing that can really stimulate Merchandise sales. Signing a few big players every season (big in comparision to your club and league) will generate a rise in Merchandise sales. A stagnant club signing no players and not achieving any success is unlikely to see any rise.

See my Commercial Feeder Clubs thread for some more info.

Archived