Alan Shearer

I am not sure if this is the right place but why is he not in the 9.3 version??

My guess would be because at the time that the database was created he was still only a pundit and had said he had no intention of going into management. I would think he will appear in FM10 though.

Alan Shearer had never managed or even coached a club at any level, and at the time 9.3 was released he was denying that he could be tempted to take charge.

Sensible really.

You can create a pretend Alan Shearer in the Database, and edit all the relevant info. Delete the "real" Alan Shearer out of Newcastles Legends sections and insert you new guy. If you are clever with piccies you could insert one too. The attributes you give him are up to you. Personally I'd with high motivating and low everything else, but with a high PA so he has time to develop as a manager - if you want realism of course.

Sensible really.

All I am saying is that someone like Steve Potts is in the database, retired from football 7 years ago or so, never did anything in football after he retied and now a taxi driver. How is he in the database and someone like Alan Shearer isn't, I just find it odd.

Archived