My player's loan keeps getting extended after I reject the request to do so

I manage a Premiership club with and I've loaned one of my young players out to River in Argentina (the player is also Argentine). At the end of a successful year-long loan, River asked to renew for another year. I accepted, but the player turned the offer down.

No problem so far - except the player did not return to my club. Instead, his loan was extended for about a week (you can see this on the player's Transfer screen). At the end of this week, River made another bid to extend the loan. This time I rejected it - I figured the player would have turned it down anyway, so I wanted him back so I could loan him elsewhere.

The problem is that nothing happened - I didn't get my player back. He is still at River, and playing games for them. His loan term keeps getting extended every few weeks.

I've seen this before - at the beginning of my game, Jozy Altidore was loaned out to River by Villareal, and since I had him shortlisted I would see that the same thing would happen. River would request an extension, Villareal would accept, and Altidore would decline. The loan would then be automagically extended for a short period, and the process would repeat.

The same thing is happening to me now, except that River doesn't even ask to extend the loan anymore - it just keeps getting extended.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a bug or some wrinkle in the international loan rules I'm not familiar with? Do you have any idea how I can get my player back?

Archived