Countries with just 'B' and U21 teams instead of reserves

Countries like Spain only have B teams and such and this has always put me off managing these sides as I like my squad to be near match fit as much as possible. I recently managed a team in Switzerland and put players into the u21 squad but when it came to matchday and I tried to select some on the bench, they were ineligible because they had a game on that morning. Does this mean I have to have everyone in my first team squad so most of my subs will be 'severely lacking mach fitness'?

Does anyone play in countries like this and enjoy it? How do you go about things?

I played with Barca but didn't particuarly like it because of this. You can't put decent youngsters in your first team as they won't play or under 19s as they won't play if they are older than 19 so have to put them in b teams. However, this then rules them out of playing in the first team.

I don't really like this system so i normally play in England tbh.

I think you can have up to 6 players playing for the first team, who are registered in the B team. So when you need them to send them to the main squad, when you don't, send them back..

Either way it sucks managing in Spain, being a Real supporter I'm ****ed off at FM 09, it ruined the Spanish league.

What I hate is the fact that the Academy systems in MLS are seperate from the actual MLS teams, and actually produce no players for your team in terms of development. While few academy players ever do make it to MLS, teams like the New York Metrostars (I refuse to call them the Red Bulls) and Toronto FC have solid academy programs...

Archived