Longevity

Hey.. This is pretty much my first idea for any version of the game.. I have been playing quite a bit too

Often I think about ideas, and think they are too glossy or too complicated to implement, so I let it be.. But this one I actually think could work

We all know there is a problem with the stats of older players and when they deteriorate.. In FM 2008, they deteriorated too quickly, and in FM 2009 they aren´t deteriorating fast enough

What I am suggesting is a hidden attribute (accessable in the editor), called Longevity. What this will mean is that, say someone is given a Longevity of 20, they will perform at their peak for quite a long time, namely a Ryan Giggs. If they are given a Longevity of 1, they will probably fizzle out by the time they reach 30. Obviously, FM would find it difficult to predict when existing players will retire, so maybe take into account their injury record, and then put a -8 or something in, to reflect a possible value in the 20. That, or, just make it random. But for newgens, I think this would be a great implementation, to counter the aging problem in the game. Possibly for existing players as well. I think I read that some one had Gerrard playing as a key part of their England squad at 39... Something has to be done, and this could be it.

Archived