• English League 2
    • English Conference
    • English Conference North
    • English Conference South
    • Scottish Premier League
    • Scottish Divison 1
    • Scottish Divisioon 2
    • Scottish Division 3

Well the title says it all, I'm givin this thread a week(till I start nights again) to decide where I start my next save, I've struggled to get into FM09 but I've never done a long game, so thought It was about time and it may get me hooked again.

Please choose where you would like me to start and then you can always say which team you think I should be.

Thanks in advance.

After you've done this vote for which league to start in and thats sorted, you should do a vote for which club in that division. Then your managerial fate really would be in our hands!

I voted for Coca-Cola League 1, where I think you should give managing Oldham Athletic a shot. At the start of this career you will need to make big decisions e.g. whether to sell star player Eardley and Taylor (the club needs the money!) or let them play you out the division, deal with an ageing squad with many of its best players over 30, deal with lots of contracts expiring and sort out a defence lacking in numbers. This is just my opinion, but its a challenge

start as torquay in the bsp. and try and emulate me . i won the champions league in my 22nd year. after i left in the 28th year we were the best team in the world ..... hard task but the have fan base and the ability to build a new ground so do it.... :D

Luton Town, AFC Bournemouth and Leeds are all good games if you want a Challenge. Man City Obviously have the money, but does money buy you success? For a challenge, Raith Rovers in the 3rd league in Scotland. On FM 08 I got them into the SPL in 8 years.

It's up to you.

(Personally, go for the Portuguese Leagues- try to win the CL with Benfica or Sporting Lisbon)

Playing the Porto challenge in one of my games. Made sure I had Prem, Bund, Liga, Serie A and Lique loaded too.

poor norwich... :( but norwich in the championship is easy. Where i first went since im a norwich supporter, didnt get promoted but a fairly easy season so to speak, safe spot at least, promotion the year after. go for a blue square team.

poor norwich... :( but norwich in the championship is easy. Where i first went since im a norwich supporter, didnt get promoted but a fairly easy season so to speak, safe spot at least, promotion the year after. go for a blue square team.

Poor poor Norwich indeed. Went for championship

Having managed in the Scottish Third division, i can reconmend that league.

I was with Forfar in FM08 and found it extremely fun. I liked the closeness of the teams because there is only 10, and you play each other 4 times, so you really get to know each team well and almost build up rivalries.

It takes me a while to complete a season so i only got through three, but it was very enjoyable taking them up to the Second Division and nearly getting into the First.

I would go for that if i were you, having also managed non-league and football league in the English league.

Alternatively if you want a challenge you could always go and manage Manchester United. ;)

Scottish division 3. You can't get relegated :thup:

you can actualy "There is no direct relegation from the Scottish Third Division but since the 2005–06 season if a club finishes bottom for three successive seasons then they will have their full membership of the SFL suspended. The club will then play the next two seasons as a non-voting associate member after which the full members shall vote on the fate of the suspended club."

so its possible

you can actualy "There is no direct relegation from the Scottish Third Division but since the 2005–06 season if a club finishes bottom for three successive seasons then they will have their full membership of the SFL suspended. The club will then play the next two seasons as a non-voting associate member after which the full members shall vote on the fate of the suspended club."

so its possible

interesting fact, i never knew that

Annan in ScotDiv3. Unlike IRL, they're tipped to come last.

I used to regularly start saves with East Stirlingshire, and Annan are the new Shire in FM09. Realistically, in the game (pardon the oxymoron) you won't get relegated, so you have infinite time to hone your squad and tactics and earn your corn hauling the team from the very depths of football to as high as you're patience will allow.

Amazed and impressed by the amount of people voting for Scottish Third Division. Lots of 'hardcore' FMers out there, after all. Either that or they just want LOMAS1982 to suffer! ;)

Blue Square South the only way to go though. :D A close and competitive division with some interesting teams. :thup:

C.

:confused: Wassat? I have installed logos, so I don't get you - unless it's a joke.

FM's default shield for them is black and yellow vertical stripes. A common "danger" colour set and arrangement, though diagonal stripes would be more like the caution tape my place of business sells.

Archived