Press conference questions doesn't relate to real situation

I'm Ajax and in season 2010/2011. It's February and 20-21 games of 34 are played in Eredivise. Table looks as following:

1. Ajax 54 points

2. FC Groningen 53

3. PSV 44

4. Roda 42

5. Feyenoord 40

FC Groningen is making a sensational season, their main striker Marcus Berg has scored a lot of winning goals and in the first round of 17 games they beat all Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. I lost to them in September (away, 0-1) and just managed to draw in February at home 1-1.

Now here's a tricky part. Whenever I attend press conferences, journalists ask me what I think about PSV and/or Feyenoord title chances or their next game. They are always reffered to as "title contenders".

However, quick look to the table shows that actual title race is between me and Groningen and PSV are already as good as out of the big game. However journalists ask me no questions about FC Groningen and despite their magnificent success so far it seems nobody is seriously thinking that they could eventually win the title and PSV/Feyenoord are mistakenly considered as favourites.

Edit: sorry, mistakenly wrote it to wrong forum. mods hopefully move that thread

Unfortunately, the press conference questions you face about title challengers are based on who the favourites were at the start of the season. When you start, you usually get the odds for the top teams to win the League. I think its those teams that the press will ask you about most of the time. The same seems to be happening in your game as well.

I noticed if u r managing a big club, or with a squad of players full of ambition (usually happened to big clubs), with every question the press ask, u basically got no choice but to be ultra positive with ur answers, or else the squad will not be happy due to "believing that you are not ambitious enough with ur talk to the press".

in short, everyone must talk like Mourinho to the press. I don't wanna sound so cockey or arrogrant when talking to press, but the players giving me no choice but to talk like the Special One during the press conference.

While the press conference thing in the game isa nice touch I think it was abit of a rushed thing that definitely needs major work. Even making press statements before a match about the opposition manager doesnt really seem to work that well. I was up against Man Utd and i made a positive comment about Fergie yet my players said i shouldnt be praising other teams. That reaction is completely stupid, you make a comment about one of the worlds most experienced and respected managers and your players dont approve????

Needs major rework before the next release.

I undestand that if there is, let's say, 6-7 or even 10 games played and there are some surprises in the classification (like Hull City IRL last autumn), there's perhaps no reason to tout them as title challengers yet. It's clear that in the long run stronger clubs will climb their way up to the table.

But if there's more than half of the season behind and also differences in points has become more significant, then it's safe to say that table is sorted out already and the ones on top are going to fight for the title.

I noticed if u r managing a big club, or with a squad of players full of ambition (usually happened to big clubs), with every question the press ask, u basically got no choice but to be ultra positive with ur answers, or else the squad will not be happy due to "believing that you are not ambitious enough with ur talk to the press".

I notice that you can never praise anybody else, otherwise you upset your players. You can't say that the other title contender will probably win their next game against minor side. You can't say that you think opponents best player played really well in your last match, even if he did.

I think that should be sorted out as well.

In real life players praise each other and they don't become upset when manager speaks the truth. Wayne Rooney praised Iniesta as the best player of the world after the final they lost. Ferguson is also quite generous in praise. You can feel he respects the quality of his opponents. But why should it be bad thing? Why can't players accept this in FM?

Archived