Annoying!

My board are annoyed at me as they exepcted me to get into the Uefa Cup via a league position finish. I have done this but they're saying I haven't.

Now they aren't happy and say i'm doing a poor job! How annoying!! :(

I finished 7th place and the winner of the FA Cup had already qualified for the Champions League so I qualified.

They're happy with my Uefa Cup performance (Quarter finals) and also my FA Cup performance (Quarter finals also). The League Cup was poor (fourth round) but they could understand why I was beaten my Manchester United.

It's my first season with Aston Villa so as you can inagine the finances are dandy.

To qualify for UEFA through league position would mean finishing Fifth, as that is the league position that guarantees qualification. Finishing sixth or seventh means you're relying on the domestic cup winners to finish above you. So strictly speaking, as you were two places off your promised target you didn't qualify for UEFA through league position, but through good fortune. You were reliant on the outcome of the two cup finals, neither of which you were involved with. If either had resulted in a team placed lower than fifth winning, you wouldn't be in UEFA, and your league position would count for nothing. If you had finished fifth, then the cup finals are irrelevant and you would have achieved your stated aim of qualifying for UEFA through league position.

For all that though, I do find it mildly unjust for the board not to be happy to have qualified for UEFA and think that they should be more forgiving under these circumstances.

I finished 7th place and the winner of the FA Cup had already qualified for the Champions League so I qualified.

They're happy with my Uefa Cup performance (Quarter finals) and also my FA Cup performance (Quarter finals also). The League Cup was poor (fourth round) but they could understand why I was beaten my Manchester United.

It's my first season with Aston Villa so as you can inagine the finances are dandy.

Who was the runner up in the FA CUp though? If it was a team out of the top 6, they wouldve qualified for UEFA Cup, not you

Who was the runner up in the FA CUp though? If it was a team out of the top 6, they wouldve qualified for UEFA Cup, not you

The runners-up of the FA Cup don't qualify for the UEFA Cup anymore. If the winners are already in Europe, the UEFA Cup place goes to the 6th or 7th placed team in the league.

I did qualify through league position. I've no idea how you can say I didn't.

I qualified for the Uefa Cup due to my league position. If I finished in a lower league position I wouldn't have qualified.

What it mean is that you are expected to qualified for it through the guaranteed spot league position. The wording definitely can be improved.

I qualified for the Uefa Cup due to my league position. If I finished in a lower league position I wouldn't have qualified.
Hey don't complain, I qualified twice by winning the League Cup, and then the UEFA Cup itself, and my board still weren't happy! :D

The board realised they were being foolish and offered me a new three year contract with an extra 20k a week :D

I'm now ready for another crack at the top 4 and the Uefa Cup :)

Currently in 4th place in December but a long way to go.

Archived