setting freekick takers

woundered this for awhile and never thought to ask, when setting freekick takers and you choice freekicks (L) and freekicks ® is the left and right for what side of the pitch the freekick is? or is it who takes left footed freekicks or right footed freekicks?

Playing as Everton for example i always set Arteta as L & R freekicks and Baines as the second choice for both but should i be setting Arteta for Freekicks R being as he is right footed and Baines for freekicks L as he is left footed?

Thanks

woundered this for awhile and never thought to ask, when setting freekick takers and you choice freekicks (L) and freekicks ® is the left and right for what side of the pitch the freekick is? or is it who takes left footed freekicks or right footed freekicks?

Refers to the side of the pitch take the free kick is on.

Playing as Everton for example i always set Arteta as L & R freekicks and Baines as the second choice for both but should i be setting Arteta for Freekicks R being as he is right footed and Baines for freekicks L as he is left footed?

Usually, left footed player for free kicks on the right and vice-versa. Produces best results as player can curl the ball towards goal, around the wall.

I find it the other way, myself. I only have one free-kick taker in my team, a left-footer. He's most successful on the left. The wall will generally cover the side of goal the free kick is on, with the keeper on the other, but there's still plenty of room for a decent free-kick taker (with good technique, I think that's important) to curl it round the outside and in. In all honesty I've rarely seen a free kick go into the far corner.

Refers to the side of the pitch take the free kick is on.

Usually, left footed player for free kicks on the right and vice-versa. Produces best results as player can curl the ball towards goal, around the wall.

Whs. Worth bearing in mind that if the free kick is in a really wide position, you find that your corner taker will often take it.

Archived