Arsenal Domination At The Start?

Alright Just a question,

Does the Arsenal Domination start from the start or does it only begin after a few seasons.

Judging by this thrasing of Sunderland on the 1st Day of the season. I better be careful next week!!:(:(

englishpremierdivision.png

sunderlandvarsenal.png

"Takes A big Gulp"

I read somewhere on these forums that the way Arsenal play in-game and the players they have fit the match engine perfectly, and so they perform better than other teams. I can't comfirm this as a fact, though.

To be fair, you can't judge much on a result vs 10 men, and also first day results always tend to be a bit weird.

Since 9.02/3 there is very little/no Arsenal domination, rather their style just seems to suit the match engine better. Players have been toned down a lot (too much?), but they seem more capable than the other big 3 teams of maintaining their position.

To be fair, you can't judge much on a result vs 10 men, and also first day results always tend to be a bit weird.

Since 9.02/3 there is very little/no Arsenal domination, rather their style just seems to suit the match engine better. Players have been toned down a lot (too much?), but they seem more capable than the other big 3 teams of maintaining their position.

True with the 10 men thing but when do you see 6-0 results in the Premier League??

Answer:Not Often:D:D

On my 9.1.0 game Arsenal won the title for each of the first 7 seasons, until my Leicester side stopped them in season 8.:D

Not played in England on my 9.3.0 game, but I hope they've been toned down.

On my 9.1.0 game Arsenal won the title for each of the first 7 seasons, until my Leicester side stopped them in season 8.:D

Not played in England on my 9.3.0 game, but I hope they've been toned down.

They didn't win until 2013 on my game (9.0.3), and then won 2015-2018. Only came 3rd last year (2019) though.

True with the 10 men thing but when do you see 6-0 results in the Premier League??

Answer:Not Often:D:D

06/07

Reading 6 - 0 West Ham

07/08

Derby 0 - 5 West Ham

Middlesbrough 8 - 1 Man City

Liverpool 6 - 0 Derby

Arsenal 5 - 0 Derby

Chelsea 6 - 0 Man City

Derby 0 - 6 Aston Villa

Derby 2 - 6 Arsenal

Everton 7 - 1 Sunderland

Manchester United 6 - 0 Newcastle

08/09

Chelsea 5 - 0 Sunderland

Hull 0 - 5 Wigan

Liverpool 5 - 0 Aston Villa

Man City 6 - 0 Portsmouth

Man City 5 - 1 Hull

Manchester United 5 - 0 Stoke

Middlesbrough 0 - 5 Chelsea

Newcastle 1 - 5 Liverpool

I am now in 2016 and just won the Premier League with Gateshead by 1 point (ahead of Arsenal). They won it virtually every year since the start of the game except last year when Man City won their first trophy since the game started.

Interestingly, Arsenal have been poor in Europe despite their domestic dominance - Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea have all won the Champions League but Arsenal have not.

My main challengers (teams who I am happy to draw away to) are: Arsenal, Man City, Tottenham.

Man Utd and Liverpool are mid table (usually not qualifying for Europe) and Chelsea usually finish about 5th.

Currently in 2019/2020 and they've been the consistently strong big 4 team. The others have remained strong but have occasional off seasons where the end up mid-table/euro cup qualifiers. My Ipswich side have become the strongest while they've dipped a bit (still in CL places) but for most of the time while I was building they were frequently champions (or close) sometimes by a long way, and were running me close in my early successful years And they've still a 'bogey team' as the only prem side to frequently beat me. Spurs have become a consistently 'there or thereabouts' side in the past couple of years and have made a very strong but despite a slow start Arsenal have signed probably the best and most dangerous forward in the world so there's little doubt they're about to be very serious rivals at the top once more. I think it started in the 2nd season BTW.

Interesting seeing Arsenal, Spurs and Man City mentioned above. In addition to the first 2, Man City were the first non big 4 champions (before me) and earlier in the decade far more a bogey team then Arsenal are now, though they've dropped off to a strong mid-table side now they were for a while serious challengers. Interesting seeing that could well be a pattern.

To saxonaitor, where did u download that skin? it looks really cool!

i agree with the theory - that Arsenal players playing style fit this game and therefore they are so strong in the game. first, they got so many "wonderboys" rated by FM, and they can only get better and better.

second, their players such as Adebayor. in real life it may not be that powerful. but i did notice with this game, if you got a striker who's strong and fast, and likes to run the channel as well, u already got an upper hand.

I'm currently in the year 2024 and Arsenal have basically dominated world football for the past 15 or so years winning the Prem 9 times, the CL 5 times, the Super Cup twice, the CWC 4 times, the FA Cup once, the League Cup twice and the Charity Shield 4 times. That's 27 trophies in 15 years! The closest team to beat that record are Man Utd with 20 trophies, Inter with 17, Barcelona with 16 and Milan with 15.

Played a bit tonight so can be more specific. They were runners up as Man U won this season (like IRL) then won 4 in a row (once by 13points and high single figures on another occasion), were 2nd when man City then me won, walked away (8 points) in the only title in the last 5 not won by me (and won a 2nd consecutive CL, their only CL wins so far), and looked like they were doing the same the following season before a spring collapse meant I won it, but only after they lost their last game and on goal difference. By late January they were around 10 points clear and it looked like they had it in the bag. Last 2 full seasons an unremarkable 3rd then 4th but only after they fought with spurs all spring to throw away 2nd place and Man U came from nowhere to pass them both at the end. Not so good recently but the majority of their record says it all.

To saxonaitor, where did u download that skin? it looks really cool!

i agree with the theory - that Arsenal players playing style fit this game and therefore they are so strong in the game. first, they got so many "wonderboys" rated by FM, and they can only get better and better.

second, their players such as Adebayor. in real life it may not be that powerful. but i did notice with this game, if you got a striker who's strong and fast, and likes to run the channel as well, u already got an upper hand.

wingz47 that skin is called Klasa You can get from skinning forum

By the Way Game Finished 2-1 To Arsenal. My only Highlight Giovanni Dos Santos getting one in the 90th min

bendtner has 15 for finishing! thats ridiculous considering torres has 16. Bendtner gets himself in good position irl, and uses his size and strength well but his passing and finishing is very poor.

Actually, his finishing is very very good indeed. His composure lets him down. He's very good at putting the ball where he wants to though. Seen him on numerous occasions pass the ball into the net from 20 yards.

Arsenal have won 34 Major Trophies (EPL/CL/FA/LC) and about 25 Minor (Shield, Super Cup, Club World) trophies in my game (2031).

They have majorly slumped since about 2026, having only added another 2 or 3 trophies since then (they basically had 32 by 2026).

They have won:

EPL - 31, 29, 26, 24, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16 (that's 7 in a row), 14, 13, 11, 10, 09.

CL - 21, 20, 16, 15, 12, 11.

FA Cup - 26, 25, 24, 22, 21, 14, 12, 11, 10 with 2 final losses.

League Cup - 22, 19, 18

Community Shield - 13, including 11 in a row from 2010 to 2021. Only missed out on the actual game once. Lost 4 times.

Super Cup - 5

Club World Cup - 6

MLS All Stars - 1

Treble done in 2021 (with with Club World Cup, and Community Shield) and 2011.

7 League/FA Cup Doubles

Archived