Bankrupcy

In my save liverpool have gone bankrupt for the second time, they got the 9 point deduction last year but they are still in recievership this season, isnt there a bigger deduction for this season or am i misunderstanding.

I don't have an answer to your question, but are you using Leeds United as a comparison? (ie: they lost 10pts and then 15pts). I'm not sure if this is the reason Leeds Utd lost the points the second season, but maybe highlighting this will help someone else answer your question.

I don't have an answer to your question, but are you using Leeds United as a comparison? (ie: they lost 10pts and then 15pts). I'm not sure if this is the reason Leeds Utd lost the points the second season, but maybe highlighting this will help someone else answer your question.

The official line is that Leeds were deducted 10pts for going into administration whilst in the Championship, but the 15pt deduction was for breaking league rules - something to do with entering their team; because Leeds United AFC essentially no longer existed, the new company Leeds United FC2005 (or whatever it was called) did not register their participation properly, which as everyone knows is a heinous crime worse than, say, tapping up and bribery.

Essentially, the rules they broke were Ken Bates being a clever git, and the league didn't like it. Leeds's promotion rivals saw a chance to hobble the - then - biggest team in the league and the relegation candidates saw a chance to drag another club into the mire, thus (theoretically) giving them a better chance of survival. Only one of those actually worked.

Not that I'm bitter or owt.

Well irl, you can't start a new season still in administration... and the Leeds 15pts was because they came out of it illegally.

Correct, and I don't think the more complicated nuances of this rule are implemented in the game, so you're unlikely to see Luton docked 30 points, for example. Probably wise to stay away from trying to code it IMO, as I don't think too many people (including the Football League?) have a firm grasp on the rules here.

Archived