Will great regen players coming from smaller nations?

I noticed in football, sometimes without any particular reason, a group of talented players would emerge at the SAME TIME in a particular country and thus turned the country into a football force.

for instance, Denmark of mid 80s, with talented players such as Elkjaer, M.Olsen, Molby, M.Laudrup, Lerby, Arnesen, J.Olsen the likes. they emerged at the same time while Denmark back then were still having a semi-pro league back home. so it had nothinng to do with youth facility or stuffs like that. Afterward, it all quiet down, and after Schmeichel and the younger Laudrups Brian, Denmark football had no major football star to show for.

Or like Holland, they have always been a football force, but none as good in recent time since the Guilt, Rijkaard, van Basten generation.

my point is - I wonder if the regen players of the FM games, the good players only being regenerated in certain traditional football power house nations? or it's totally random that we may see some stars in smaller nations such as Iceland, Wales, Japan or Canada countries like that?

i mean, when comes to footall talent, sometimes it may have nothing to do with the youth facility of a certain country. The great footballers are all genius in a sense. And it CAN BE BORN in ANY country.

examples: George Best of Northern Ireland / George Weah of Libeyia / or a former Korea player who played in the Germany league of 70s/80s who had had a great success (forgot his name).

i haven't played the FM09 that long to find out yet. does anyone know if this has been the case? or the great young talent only come from the traditional strong football nations?

In my experience, their are regular regens with high PA from obscure nations. The problem in most of my games, is the none EU national players tend to retire at a young age because no-one has signed them. (I realise this is down to the leagues I pick). [edit - due to work permits]

So Yes, the regens are their with the potential, and running the right leagues / a bit of luck, a small side could get lucky and string together a golden generation.

On FM08, I was regularly signing players from British Virgin Islands with huge PA's. (1/2 a season, so 15/20 in a decade - more than enough to build a decent competitive national squad).

[edit - someone on a different thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=112782 suggested a manager built a champions league winning side using mainly Congo players.]

I have been following the Hungarian regens on my game. I noticed one of their regens was master class so upon checking out the Hungarian U21's I saw 5 potential top players. I was following these players and I felt just as you described with the Denmark example. It's been great fun seeing this young group of regens win the U21 championships. Now they are all in the national senior team as regulars. So far playing at the highest level has been a struggle for them. They are still young though and age between 21 to 24.

It helps if you have a retain players from all nations DDT file loaded. I use Genie to check for the best regens and find ones from obscure nations all the time. I have loads from obscure African nations - Algeria for example, East Europe, USA (very obscure footballing nation!) - all leagues that I don't have loaded.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

uruaguay used to be a footballforce but have a decent squad at the beginning of the game and are starting to produce fantastic regens as well now, spainand france as always produce amazing regens. Also Finland produce endless amounts of good-fantastic players

Archived