Official SI support of CM0102?. still.

A question to SI, as you actually "created" this game and it is still very popular (the only worthwhile CM game for still playing now, since the release of FM09 I feel), do you offer any forum support still in the form of tactic / best player / stories threads? (have these been archived away for the "FM era?). I have checked all the other obvious third party resources but the best CM stuff has always been he SI endorsed type, of which there is little that I have found using the search facility - anything Pre FM06 seems unsupported.

Wonderful though FM09 is (the best FM yet) CM0102 still garners a great deal of playing especially for those after a light FM/CM fix.

I have to say it was 3-4 years ahead of its time, wibble/wobble making up nicely for the lack of 2d/3d match views.

I know that game inside out :D

What would you like to know?

Yeah me too, am playing as Ipswich and just wanted to read of others experiences, really, doing the same. Am sure there was a huge SI CM0102 forum content which I cannot find. I guess its an "ownership of rights" issue, and I can understand SI not supporting a non FM/Sega product but 0102 was a masterpiece and its a shame thay have / have had to, kind of leave it in the past, if that is the case. Have tried CM / Susie & the CM0102 fan sites but they are not much use - in CM0102's fan site's that is sadly due to some a$$hole managing to destroy a lot of their good work by web vandalism (I believe).

Try the Championship Manager forums. You download it for free from their website, so I assume it's BGS that have the rights.

IIRC it's an unpatched version & the patches cannot be installed to the dowload file.

www.champman0102.co.uk

is the website you're after :thup:

Thanks for everyone's attempt to help, but the champman site has lost all of its pre spring content as I alluded to and the FMS link leads to a dormant site which has been awaiting an update from 2007!. It seems all the wonderful Posting history from old SI days has been lost forever?....., unless of course you know different.......?

Archived