Free Transfer Challenge

thought of a challenge but i dont know if anyone has done it before.

I personally cannot do the challenge just now as i have my Dundee United Save but would like to try it after and would also like to see how you get on.

Rules

Basically all you have to do is bring your team to glory by only signing players on free transfers. Youth players who you can approach to sign, and have no compensation are allowed.

You are allowed to sign players on loan as long as you dont pay a fee for the duration of the loan.

Teams

You can choose from the following sides.

Any Championship side or lower

Any SPL side or lower(excluding Celtic and Rangers)

Any Bundesliga side or lower (excluding Bayern, Stutgart, Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg and Herta Berlin)

Any La Liga side or lower ( excluding Barca, Real, Villareal, Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico Madrid)

Any Ligue 1 Side ( excluding Lyon, Marsielle, PSG, Rennes, and Bordeux)

I suppose any othe team will do as long as its not a larger team i've forgotten.

Keep us updated with matches, signings and end of season reports.

All comments and feedback welcome.

Good Luck

P.S. If you do not like the idea of the excluded teams post a comment and i may change it.

Thats the whole point, you have Appiah, Abreu, Gravesen and perhaps Mauricio but thats all. It's up to you if you want to start with a larger team but personally i would find it too hard. Be my guest if you want to try it and Good Luck to you.:thup:

This is more, not less, challenging with higher-reputation teams. Why do you want to exclude those?

Higher reputation teams don't need to sign many players to succeed, and have the reputations to attract top talent on Bosmans. Lesser teams need to sign better players than they already have, which is tricky without spending money.

I did this a while ago (without meaning to) for one of my small club to big club challenges. I managed to get all the way to the Championship from the BSS without spending any money, although taking the club to the next level was a step too far without spending.

I did this a while ago (without meaning to) for one of my small club to big club challenges. I managed to get all the way to the Championship from the BSS without spending any money, although taking the club to the next level was a step too far without spending.

How did you find it? Did youn manage to get any good players?

How did you find it? Did youn manage to get any good players?

I can't remember now, I just remember I couldn't quite get a squad capable of staying and competing in the Premiership, I had to spend money to stay up.

Archived