Champions League Bug + gripes

So there I was going for a 4th Champions Cup trophy in a row when we (West Ham) played Arsenal in the Quarters.

First leg was at home: West Ham 2 - 0 Arsenal

Second leg and Arsenal are 2-0 up after 90 mins.

ExtraTime and West Ham score. Aggregate score 3-2 to the Hammers.

I carry on playing looking forward to the semis when I see that Arsenal have progressed, not West Ham even though the fixtures/results screen clearly show a 3-2 agg score to West Ham!

I have some pics of the screens if you need them.

Other bugs that have probably been mentioned elsewhere...

Several times i have been informed on the news screen that West Ham have made a transfer bid for a player without my consent. I have to go to the player details, click Transfer Offer then Withdraw Offer.

The news message that a team have made one of their players available for transfer can come up over and over again for the same player.

Other gripes...

It's impossible to sell your best players. Seriously. I put about 10 players all worth £15 million+ (including 3 strikers worth 34.5 mill) on the transfer list and I did not receive a single offer. I mean c'mon. At least someone should offer something. These are Champions League winners FFS!

The managerial roundabout doesn't spin as fast as it should. After 11 seasons only a few of the top clubs changed management and ManU only did so because Fergie retired. Mourinho still at Chelsea in 12 years? (Yeah, right!) It would be nice to get the chance to manage another half decent club when you've won the lot at your present club.

Aside from these points, it's a fantastic game. By far the best handheld title i've ever played and I look forward to the next version. I'd like to see more detail in the training schedules, hiring/firing of staff, custom tactics, loan players, the chance to manage abroad, proper international fixtures & results... the list goes on. icon_biggrin.gif

So there I was going for a 4th Champions Cup trophy in a row when we (West Ham) played Arsenal in the Quarters.

First leg was at home: West Ham 2 - 0 Arsenal

Second leg and Arsenal are 2-0 up after 90 mins.

ExtraTime and West Ham score. Aggregate score 3-2 to the Hammers.

I carry on playing looking forward to the semis when I see that Arsenal have progressed, not West Ham even though the fixtures/results screen clearly show a 3-2 agg score to West Ham!

I have some pics of the screens if you need them.

Other bugs that have probably been mentioned elsewhere...

Several times i have been informed on the news screen that West Ham have made a transfer bid for a player without my consent. I have to go to the player details, click Transfer Offer then Withdraw Offer.

The news message that a team have made one of their players available for transfer can come up over and over again for the same player.

Other gripes...

It's impossible to sell your best players. Seriously. I put about 10 players all worth £15 million+ (including 3 strikers worth 34.5 mill) on the transfer list and I did not receive a single offer. I mean c'mon. At least someone should offer something. These are Champions League winners FFS!

The managerial roundabout doesn't spin as fast as it should. After 11 seasons only a few of the top clubs changed management and ManU only did so because Fergie retired. Mourinho still at Chelsea in 12 years? (Yeah, right!) It would be nice to get the chance to manage another half decent club when you've won the lot at your present club.

Aside from these points, it's a fantastic game. By far the best handheld title i've ever played and I look forward to the next version. I'd like to see more detail in the training schedules, hiring/firing of staff, custom tactics, loan players, the chance to manage abroad, proper international fixtures & results... the list goes on. icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

Hi,

I'll check out the Champions League thing shortly.

Selling players will be easier in the next version as you'll be able to set a value when offering the players around to clubs.

Manager movement has also been tweaked.

PS> Full details on next version aren't available yet - but suffice to say its progressing along nicely and there are lots of new additions to it ..

One thing I noticed which annoyed me was when I got Inter to the Semi-finals of the Champions League. We had to play both a Champions League match AND a Serie A match on the same day!!!

Has to be a bug?

Archived