Stupid 3 club rule...!

Well not the rule but the fact that I've just signed a keeper on loan as back up to my first choice and I find out he can't play for me because he played 1 game for Genoa and then a couple for Real Madrid.

Yes, some of you may say you should have been more vigilant when signing him, but surely a warning from my assistant before I completed the transfer wouldn't be too much to ask. That's the £725,000 loan fee down the toilet and I'm left with only a 17 year old as back up to my first choice.

Well to be fair, in such a case the transfer shouldn't be allowed to go through.

Something for FM to look at perhaps.

Isn't it the case that the transfer can go through but the player can't play? But IRL this never happens because the buying club would be wasting their money on wages.

Same with transfers, they can go through but players can't be registered to play until the window opens. Aganin, buying clubs don't bother as they would be paying wages to a plyer for new good reason.

Unless I am COMPLETELY mistaken.

You do get a warning, on the bidding screen, IIRC.

If that's the case then I'll hold my hands up.

Only thing I would say is that it may be worth making the highlight a bit more explicit, possibly with a pop-up-box. How many times do yuo see the transfer screen? Hundereds and hundreds! So it's easy to miss any warning that is given.

Isn't it the case that the transfer can go through but the player can't play? But IRL this never happens because the buying club would be wasting their money on wages.

Same with transfers, they can go through but players can't be registered to play until the window opens. Aganin, buying clubs don't bother as they would be paying wages to a plyer for new good reason.

Unless I am COMPLETELY mistaken.

It happens IRL. In 2007/08, Belenenses of Portugal had 6 points deducted after signing and playing forward Meyong in 1 game. The FA allowed its registration in January, but then a sports reporter "noticed" that Meyong has already been registred for 2 teams that season. The opposite club in that game then moved a complaint against Belenenses.

Last year in Greece, AEK Athens won the Greek Super League but Olympiacos made an appeal because Kalamaria, who won in their game, has played a player who had already played in 2 different teams (Walner) and finally, Olympiacos were given the 3 points and took the league this way. :rolleyes:

Archived