Adriano and Van der Vaart

Not sure what it's like on other people's games, but generally Adriano and Van der Vaart always end up transfer listed at the end of the first season or some way through the second.

Their value is always low (Adriano 1.7million) and asking price even lower (Adriano 850k), does anyone know why?

Also, has anyone bought either of them and how have they performed? Specifically for english teams pushing for Champs League/UEFA Cup.

It reflects real life quite well...

They have both performed well for me, Adriano was top goalscorer in the CL in my second season but I bought him in the first. VDV was my main player, but he kept getting injured (players seemed to be going out of their way to injure him).

what patch are you playing with??? i know vdv always used to get sold from real madrid cos he didnt get any games. signed him for a championship team cos he had been released for a year which is hardly realistic. i think its just cos they dont play or are unhappy so get listed.

• Administrators

I think it's because compared to players around them they just simply aren't as good. Look at VDV's stats and he's barely rated in the top 10 at Real (rightly or wrongly), which is why they don't need him and want to rid the club of the wages. This was tweaked in 9.3 so was less likely to happen. Personally I haven't seen it with Adriano, but it is possible as Inter have always had considerable options in attacking positions.

I think it's because compared to players around them they just simply aren't as good. Look at VDV's stats and he's barely rated in the top 10 at Real (rightly or wrongly), which is why they don't need him and want to rid the club of the wages. This was tweaked in 9.3 so was less likely to happen. Personally I haven't seen it with Adriano, but it is possible as Inter have always had considerable options in attacking positions.

That's what I was trying to get across more or less. IRL VDV isn't playing regularly for Real, and Adriano has been released for a variety of reasons (attitude, and not as good as other options).

Decided to get them both in, i'm currently Newcastle and sitting 5th in early December second season.

Man U, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea have started a league of their own and are all 12+ points clear of me and the other chasers, so hopefully these two will just give me an extra edge over the teams behind me.

EDIT: Adriano is costing 850k, while VDV is costing 5.25 million from Villareal. I tried getting him when he was transfer listed at Madrid at end of the first season but he choose them over me. It's saved me 5 million waiting a few months :)

Signed Adriano on loan for Villa in Jan window of 2nd season after he'd spent the first half of it kicking his heels @ Roma. Had a 1-in-2 goal ratio, so made the deal permanent at the end. Cost me £10mil in total, but that's what Roma paid for him in the 1st place. Struck up a good partnership with Borriello too, who'd struggled a little up til then (3 goals pre-Adriano, 10 post-Adriano).

Not sure what it's like on other people's games, but generally Adriano and Van der Vaart always end up transfer listed at the end of the first season or some way through the second.

Their value is always low (Adriano 1.7million) and asking price even lower (Adriano 850k), does anyone know why?

Also, has anyone bought either of them and how have they performed? Specifically for english teams pushing for Champs League/UEFA Cup.

I got VDV on loan for €500k with an option to buy for €5m. Towards the end of the season i noticed that his value was €3m so i offered that and they accepted. He is still one of my best players and was top goal scorer from AM position in his 2nd season with me. Real Madrid kept trying to get him back (typical) and the highest offer was €14m, thankfully the chairman didnt sell him and VDV didnt even say if he was interested in talking to them.

for me VDV used to go in the early patches, but 9.3 kinda sorted it, he has gone to arsenal and back to real in mine.

im always inter, and so i guess it doesnt happen with adriano for me, hes got relativly rubbish sats and is rarely worth more than 8mil but always scores loads, its quite vexing

Archived