PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 Situation

COME ON U SPURS
28-05-2009, 12:29
im not entirely sure whether this thread belongs here so i apoligize if it does not, but i am raising awareness of a change that needs to be made for fm10, i have noticed in several saves that the top 4 is regularly broken in the first season and 1 of the sides always ends up mid table which is highly un-realistic. i jus finished my first season and it finished like this: 1. man u
2. chelsea (me)
3. man city
4. everton
5. newcastle ( yh its on the 9.3 as well)
6. liverpool
7. arsenal

Terras-FM
28-05-2009, 12:33
Yeah i agree with this. Utd going down to a mid-table side this may well happen in 10 years but they are the 2nd best team in the world and to go down to a mid table is a bit unrealistic.

golfpunk
28-05-2009, 12:34
It's a football management simulation. Not everything is going to happen exactly how it happens IRL. :rolleyes:

AlexNFFC
28-05-2009, 12:37
Yes, it's unrealistic, but not impossible. Who have thought Hull and Stoke would stay up in the Prem? Unrealistic things sometimes happen

lee50_11
28-05-2009, 12:40
football is unrealistic as alex said not impossible could happen next year

golfpunk
28-05-2009, 12:43
football is unrealistic as alex said not impossible could happen next year

Physically impossible to happen next year with Newcastle relegated ;)

Ibbo2012
28-05-2009, 12:47
Physically impossible to happen next year with Newcastle relegated ;)

:D lol :) :)

lee50_11
28-05-2009, 12:48
haha yeah i meant unrealistic top 4, hopefully newcastle won't make top 4 of the championship

nni
28-05-2009, 13:53
I don't mean this as a criticism, but people often don't realize how complex FM is. Being an incredibly complex simulation model means that you can't just say: "the top four should perform like in RL" because there isn't a knob called "Performance of top teams" that you can switch. Any changes in the ouptut of the simulation (i.e. results of different teams) are brought about by a multitude of interactions between the many components of the game (e.g. tactics, ME, transfers, training, chance, etc).

golfpunk
28-05-2009, 13:57
I don't mean this as a criticism, but people often don't realize how complex FM is. Being an incredibly complex simulation model means that you can't just say: "the top four should perform like in RL" because there isn't a knob called "Performance of top teams" that you can switch. Any changes in the ouptut of the simulation (i.e. results of different teams) are brought about by a multitude of interactions between the many components of the game (e.g. tactics, ME, transfers, training, chance, etc).

Well said dude :thup:

Jim99
28-05-2009, 14:05
Forget realism! Man Utd in 11th in the league with 22 games played on my game is like winning the title! A;though i would feel different if i was a fan