Training...

is this the key to success? I normally set it to default and normally obtain midtable security with teams such as Wigan and Stoke. In order to push on in my current Wigan game, should I take a more in depth look into training?

To my understanding , which isn't its strongest with training , training is simply used for the development , or say the maintaining of you players attributes , and really isn't linked to form. So it always a good idea to set about a training schedule , your youngsters will end up just that much better , and your golden oldies wont lose the attributes as fast as they usually do. Personally i usually make my own , not sure if they work or not , but TUG's training has a good reputation on here if your a bit lost.

is this the key to success? I normally set it to default and normally obtain midtable security with teams such as Wigan and Stoke. In order to push on in my current Wigan game, should I take a more in depth look into training?

Ask in the tactical and training forum :thup:

But the best thing to do is to make individual position training schedules so a striker is intensely training in defense :thup:

It depends. I mean, it certainly helps to have training Scheds to suit certain players, but its not the be all and end all of winning. I never used to touch the training until late FM08 - and had mass success in the previous versions. However, the way it works now, you can "mould" attributes due to the was the CA / PA works. So for lower league teams, moulding these players, is vital. Not so important for better players, because they already tend to have good all round attribute sections.

I disagree, don't go to the training forum, get a feel of it yourself.

Think about how you will split your players (Strikers, Wingers, Midfield, Defence or just Attack/Defence) and then think what attributes are important to that role. So if you have made a Wingers schedule, taper it to how you want your wingers to improve (probably ball control and attacking mainly)

Now I tend to just use a simple 2 schedule system with Attackers and Defenders training separately, both schedules are rounded but tweaked to ensure my forwards improve in things like shooting and my defensive players improve in areas such as tackling.

Also some positions require fitter players than others - CB's don't really need much aerobic training, but could well benefit from strength. Wingers need aerobic, whereas a CM probably needs to be fit and strong.

Archived