Route to the Top - The Game Thread

Hello and welcome to the game thread for my Route to the Top Sign-Up. The sign-up thread can be found here.

It is essentially a battle between a group of strikers trying to fight their way to the top of the football pyramid.

Each player has chosen 1 attribute each from technical, physical and mental attributes. They also chose a number between 1 and 5 for each attribute. Each of these numbers were randomised and the chosen attributes were given the randomised value of the number chosen. The rest of the attributes have been set as 0 in the database and will be determined by the game.

Clubs and divisions were also randomised in the same way as the attributes.

PA was also represented by a random number, this time between 1 and 10. Each number was also randomised and represents a threshold of PA (E.G. 3 = -1)

CA will be randomised by the game and is thus set at 0 within the database.

At the end of each season, I shall provide screenshots of your player. You shall then have to choose 3 attributes, again 1 from each category. You shall then choose 2 further numbers. The first set, of 1 and 2, will contain a minus and a plus. The next set, between 1 and 5, will contain a random number. You must choose 2 numbers for each given attribute and the attributes shall be changed accordingly.

The scoring for this is as follows:

League and Domestic Cup games

Goal – 2 points

Hat-trick – 5 points

Assist – 2 points

Man of the Match – 10 points

Yellow Card – Minus 1 point

Red Card – Minus 3 points

Top Goalscorer in Division – 35 points

Continental and International Matches

Goal – 5 points

Hat-trick – 15 points

Assist – 4 points

Man of the Match – 20 points

Yellow Card – Minus 2 points

Red Card – Minus 6 points

Top Goalscorer in Continental Comp – 50 Points

Top Scorer in International Comp – 75 points

Trophies

Domestic League Title – 60 points

Promotion – 35 Points

League Cup – 40 Points

FA Cup – 55 Points

World Cup – 150 Points

Continental Competition Cup – 80 Points

Relegation – Minus 35 Points

Bottom of the League – Minus 50 Points

Obviously, if you move to a non-playable country, then i shall not be able to track your league and cup titles

The players, users and attributes chosen are as follows:

User  Name                  Club                       Attribute 1     Attribute 2         Atrribute 3       Nationality   2nd Nationality       Date of Birth  
bergtaur Ryan Bergman       Fisher Athletic            Finishing 1     Work Rate 19        Stamina 18        American      Canadian              02/03/1990 
brambleten Alex Barkley     Salisbury City             Heading 15      Bravery 1           Strength 10       Norwegian     English               07/08/1990  
JSalter  Tups Hilp          Barnsley                   Dribbling 18    Flair 1             Strength 15       Sweedish      English               25/06/1990  
Lardman CDB Carl S. Berg    Barrow                     Flair 19        First Touch 1       Pace 10           Australian    New Zealander         30/09/1990  
hamilton162 Tom Hamilton    Histon                     Finishing 10    Composure 19        Pace 18           Australian    English               20/09/1990  
canvey!! Tomáš Berdych      Farsley                    Finishing 1     Acceleration 15     Influence 19      Czech         Slovakian             17/09/1990  
TanO  Rodney Atkinson       Workington                 Finishing 1     Anticipation 18     Agility 10        English       Portuguese            26/09/1990  
joetheref Joe Tompkins      Yeovil Town                Dribbling 18    Off the Ball 10     Strength 15       English       None                  16/04/1990  
Demon4  Damian Waymouth     Walsall                    Finishing 19    Work Rate 10        Stamina 1         Irish         Greek                 21/08/1990  
jack.browne Jack Browne     Swansea City               Finishing 19    Composure 1         Pace 15           Scottish      Japanese              25/05/1990  
Almondo  James Almond       Team Bath                  Finishing 1     Determination 18    Pace 10           English       None                  12/06/1990  
az09456  Az Toscani         Bromley                    Finishing 18    Flair 15            Pace 10           American      Italian               12/08/1990  
magvest  Magnus Vestergaard Havant & Waterlooville     Finishing 19    Composure 10        Acceleration 15   Sweedish      None                  24/04/1990                     
pnefc22  Wobill Luman       Doncaster Rovers           Heading 13      Aggression 16       Pace 7            Dutch         None                  22/04/1990                

Updates will be one a week (approx) If i cannot update for any reason, i shall post and say why. They shall be every October, January and May.

Likewise, if you will not be on the forums for a certain period of time, please can you notify me so that your player is not excluded from the updates :)

All that is left to say is ... Let the sign-up commence :D

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post reserved for season winners and career/season tables

Seasons

[b][u]Winner      Points    Division              Team      Season[/u][/b]
Carl Berg   49       Blue Square Premier   Barrow      2008/09
Carl Berg   118      Blue Square South     Barrow       2009/10

Overall

[b][u]Winner      Points    Division              Team[/u][/b]
Carl Berg   49        Blue Square Premier   Barrow
Carl Berg   167       Blue Square South     Barrow

Take all the time you need :)

I shall Joe, i have this week off as it is half term and next week i have lots of free time as i am on work experience with brilliant hours :D I'm just trying to get it to work again now, i hope it does so this time :)

Great to see this up and running.

About the attributes, what do you mean out of sync? Sure it's not because of low CA?

Sorry, didn't word it very well. What i meant that is the attributes needed to be corrected, despite being implemented into the database correctly. And i think i may have found a solution to the missing facepack - I need to reload my skin :o

Some of the PA's are extremely close together, whilst the CA's are much more spread out.

Sorry, didn't word it very well. What i meant that is the attributes needed to be corrected, despite being implemented into the database correctly.

This is because they are adjusted to fit the CA :thup:

Thanks TanO :thup: Unfortunately, some of the screenshots below do not include faces, that is something i shall address this afternoon :) It is annoying as some of the best faces don't work :(

Ryan Bergman

Alex Barkley

Tups Hilp

Carl Berg

Tom Hamilton

Tomas Berdych

Rodney Atkinson

Joe Tompkins

Damian Waymouth

Jack Browne

James Almond

Az Toscani

Magnus Vestergaard

Wobill Luman

Enjoy :)

A little taster for what is coming in the first update, i have holidayed until 1st October and someone has scored a hat-trick on debut!

Any money in the world says it won't have been Hilp. It will probably be someone in the BSP or BSN/S.

Here's the first update everyone. I'm sorry it is short, but there hasn't been much to report on in all honesty :(

Update 1 – October 2008

With just over 2 months gone in their careers, it is not surprising that not many of our strikers have even played games, yet alone scored goals. Let’s take a look at how everyone has fared so far.

By far the best start has come from Irishman Damian Waymouth. He scored a hat-trick on debut for Walsall in League 1 and won the Man of the Match Award to boot. No points deductions as of yet mean that he is top of the standings with 15 points.

Another player starting off well is Carl Berg, who has netted 4 times so far. Unfortunately for the Aussie, all of them have come in separate games. He has also had 2 yellow cards so far which means that a quarter of his points have been lost.

Tomas Berdych is the only other player to have scored so far, having hit the net twice in recent games. He is currently 3rd on 2 points.

Most of the other players have had hardly any, or no first team action so far, which isn’t exactly surprising. Tom Hamilton has played 7 games already for Histon, but has failed to hit the target in every single one. Everyone else has come on as a substitute at best, without scoring or having any points deducted

That is not the case for our final player though. Ryan Bergman has played once for Fisher, but he is bottom of the pile and on minus points. This is thanks to a yellow card within seconds of the start of his career. He will be hoping to make amends for his error later in the season.

oct2008table.png

the colour coding is a bit confusing ( or could be later on) as it is. maybe change it to each position has a colour?

i'm not surprised Barkley hasnt played yet, with his awful finishing. however, he is a good header, so he could be thrown on as a target man in the last 5-10 minutes of games to try and grab a point or 3

That is not the case for our final player though. Ryan Bergman has played once for Fisher, but he is bottom of the pile and on minus points. This is thanks to a yellow card within seconds of the start of his career. He will be hoping to make amends for his error later in the season.

No surprise. I am by far the worst player in the entire world at this pace. God, I suck...

Next update should be tomorrow. It would have been earlier, but i've had buckets of HW to do, despite being off school this week due to Work Experience :)

Luckily i only have 3 exams before summer, so good progress should be made :)

Sorry Demon, internet connection packed up last night due to a new router being installed just as i was about to post the update. So, without any further ado, here is update 2.

Update 2 - February 2009

Halfway through the first year of their footballing lives, there have been some interesting results. Here's how the strikers have fared until now.

Let’s start with the strugglers. As of yet, 9 players have failed to get off of the mark for their careers. Alex Barkley, Tups Hilp, Rodney Atkinson, Joe Tompkins, Jack Browne, James Almond, Az Toscani, Magnus Vestergaard and Wobill Luman have failed to score a single goal, and some of them are yet to start a game.

Much better news for Tom Hamilton now though. The Aussie frontman has scored 7 goals in all since the last update and in total, including 2 hat-tricks. He matched Damian Waymouth by scoring a hat-trick in the league and followed that up with another for Histon. He has 24 points overall and currently sits in 4th place.

Tomas Berdych has started to score more goals as well. The Czech striker has 10 goals total for this season and has a very credible 29 points to his name. However, his discipline has let him down and he would be only 4 points off of 2nd place without those Yellow and Red cards.

In second, some way ahead of the chasing pack is Damian Waymouth. The Irishman has started his career very brightly at Walsall and will be hoping that his good form continues. He hasn’t scored at a phenomenal rate, but his high ratings and 3 MOM awards have kept him well in contention for this year’s title.

However, top of the pile on 49 points is Carl Berg. He has exploded into life during this latest period and has an excellent goal scoring record, having hit the back of the net 16 times already this season. He would be even further ahead, but for his fairly poor discipline, which has cost him a half-century of points at this moment in time.

So, with just 1 update remaining this season, many questions are still yet to be answered. Will James Almond put his University studies to one side to concentrate on his football? Will anyone get an international call-up for their national side? And of course, who will win this year’s competition?

feb2009table.png

P.S. Sorry that this update is late, my internet connection has been playing up

:( Thus I couldn’t forewarn you guys. :(

Sorry for any inconvenience caused guys.

The table shall be edited into this post shortly :)

Archived