Lincolnshire and South Humberside Football information request

Hey guys! After really enjoying making the previous database I have made and expanded version! It uses the turkish league system, although not to everyones liking it seemed to offer the best depth for what I was looking for. I aimed to get all the village teams and some other big teams all the way down to the district leagues for Lincolnshire and south Humberside.

The database is almost finished, the teams are in and so is a fair chunk of detail. I would like to hear from anyone frequenting this forum who plays in a side and might be able to provide information OR anyone who knows a bit about football in the district leagues and above. I no longer live in the area but still feel it is my home.

I have found a limit to the information I can find on the internet and hope advertising here can fill in as many gaps as possible.

Thanks for any help!

Have you tried looking at the friendly fixture lists for the University of Hull team? I think they play a lot of local teams. I can't find any links to it at the moment but they sometimes put up reports.

Or there's always...

http://www.amateur-league.org.uk/

http://www.countyleague.com/

http://www.humberprem.com/

Sorry if you've already got the links. Sounds interesting though. As a current local I'd be interested in playing the database if you make it icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help, I have all the teams, I have trawled the net (grimsby ref???) to find info and got plenty.

I am looking for information not found but for teams in the district leagues which do not have websites.

I have made one so far with just 24 playable teams that can be found in the editors hideaway.

If you are interested in beta testing contact me!

No worries! Glad to be of some help. Beta testing sounds grand if you need it. I'm a little strapped for time at the moment as I have a report due in this Friday but I normally mamaned to get my FM in during the evening somehow!

Do you know much about Humber region? I'm living in Hull at the moment, and have been for a while, but I'm afraid I don't know much about the amateur football scene. Well aside from the fact that if it's a pub then it probably has a team, and the relative sizes of certain pitches/facillities.

Im not going for absolute accuracy, I think I have balanced the database to make it more interesting. I do however like getting some real things into it, like stadia, chairmen, managers and player names/ages/position.

Ive updated it now and just testing it myself> I hope to have a beta version by the weekend, I am still searching around the net abit in case I missed something!

Thanks for all the help!

Originally posted by nine_iron:

Im not going for absolute accuracy, I think I have balanced the database to make it more interesting. I do however like getting some real things into it, like stadia, chairmen, managers and player names/ages/position.

Ive updated it now and just testing it myself> I hope to have a beta version by the weekend, I am still searching around the net abit in case I missed something!

Thanks for all the help!

Stadia is fairly easy for the really small amateur teams. If their team info mentions something like pitch 9, The Parks or that kind of thing then it is just a pitch in one of the parks or sports centres. The most spectators you can get depends entirely on how many people you can wedge in round a pitch! icon_smile.gif

If it is on the University Campus then there is more room as they can have bleachers and so on. Amd the Sports Centre with sports Rehab facillities is next to it.

And then Boothferry Park is the old stadium that Hull City used to use. 15k capacity to begin with but most of the stands have been demolished. It's a complete dump. Don't know if any teams use it all.

There's also The Boulevard that might be useful for neutral cup venues and so on icon_smile.gif

Costello Park is mainly an Atheltics club but has a pitch and a single stand capacity of 504 I think.

I think player names and such is going to be rather difficult unfortunately.

Are the leagues going to have room for exspansion in terms of size, wealth etc? Or will they just be set as amateur for ever?

I think its not that worth it then. I have 63 stadia now and 121ish teams. So all the prem and div 1 teams have them which leaves 31 div2 and lower teams having them.

I have set most teams to at least semi-pro with pro teams down to the end of Div1, but there a a few Am teams but these are mainly from the 2nd tier of district football and are not placed in my leagues. I hope that means there is plenty of room for growth.

I have put a Boothferry Revival team in (They saved the stadium, well part of it in this little world) and a Boulevard team, I spend many wonderful summer evenings at that ground watching rugby league so it deserved a team, those two are rivals, of course icon_biggrin.gif )

Sounds rather grand icon_smile.gif I think once it's all done I may have to see if I can have a go a managing a Newland or Mainbrace team!

Sounds like there's plenty of wiggle room for growth there! A huge amount of stadia too! Can't wait for it.

Mainbrace

Ive tried to keep it to village teams so I have missed out many of the put teams etc in favour of ones named for villages. Anyone is more than welcome to add in any clubs they wish but there are allready 35+ non league teams! Sorry to dissapoint!

Ah no worries icon_smile.gif I'm sure it'll be fine. There'll be plenty of teams to choose from. I doubt there are many league structures that could fit them all in!

Archived